Thursday, June 11, 2009

Natalie Cole thanks fans for support

Natalie Cole would like to express her deepest appreciation and gratitude towards her fans for the amazing outpouring of well wishes, love and support she has received since undergoing her kidney transplant and the death of her sister, Carole, on May 19. The kidney came, from a directed donation from a deceased organ donor, through the regional organ procurement agency, One Legacy. Cole, at the direction of her physician, will spend the summer months recuperating from the surgery.

“My family and I want to express our extreme appreciation for the outpouring of kindness we have received from all over the country,” said Cole. “In the midst of sorrow I am still able to celebrate my new lease on life. There is always a silver lining. I thank God for this golden kidney and I look forward to going back to work in the fall. I will see you in the music.”

Tour dates are being rescheduled and she will appear, for the first time after her surgery, at the Hollywood Bowl on Wednesday, September 9, 2009. Cole will continue her tour in support of her Grammy winning CD, “Still Unforgettable.”

For additional information regarding Natalie Cole please visit www.nataliecole.com.

No comments: