Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Bernie Pearl performances

From Bernie Pearl:

Hello Blues Friend:

I'd like to remind you about a couple of important live shows coming up on Memorial Day weekend:

I will be doing an acoustic set on the Blues stage, with Mike Barry on bass, to open the 20th Annual Simi Valley Cajun, Creole, and Blues Festival on Saturday, May 23, 11:45. I return to perform there with the whole Bernie Pearl Blues Band Sunday at 1:15.

Two stages going all day both days at Santa Susanna Community Park. You can bet that the eats will be authentic and sensational. See the Simi Valley Cajun Creole Festival website for more information. (805) 517-9000. This is a Rotary Club charity event.

The evening of Saturday, May 23 Mike Barry and I travel way east to Claremont to perform an acoustic concert at the legendary Folk Music Center. We will be joined by our friend and great musician Jim Shirey, on fiddle. 7:30, 220 Yale Ave., Claremont 91711. (909) 624-2928.

This has been a key showcase for acoustic Folk and Blues artists for five decades. Super venue for music lovers.

And, while I'm at it, let me mention that Wolfgang's Vault.com has been issuing historic concerts from the vast Ash Grove library. This week you'll be able to hear and download a set I did with down-home vocalist Luke "Long Gone" Miles back in 1966. Boggles the mind to think that it was so long ago, and that I was so young.

Also, I'll be doing a short solo set at the Sepulveda Garden Fair Music Festival this Sunday, May 17, at 2:20. 16633 Magnolia Blvd., Encino. Go to bcbrome@aol.com for info.

And, look for me at the Liquid Lounge in Long Beach on Saturday, May 30. I'll play a set at around 6:30 for a Hep C Awareness event. 3522 Anaheim St., LB 90804. (562) 494-7564.

Lastly, don't forget to tune in "My Kind of Blues" every Saturday 3:00-5:00 (Pacific) on http://www.wpmd.org/. I change the theme weekly, but the music is always hard-core down-home Blues!!! This Saturday, "Blues from A-Z", an alphabet soup of blues artists obscure and well-known.

No comments: