Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Filip Filipi to release new mixtape



Rapper-producer Filip Filipi has unveiled the cover for his 'greatest hits' mixtape entitled 'Life, Money and Cashmere'. The CD will feature previous hits such as Hurricane Ana, Boom and Persijska Princeza as well as one new song entitled '500'.
'500' is co-produced by Filipi, platinum producer Boi1da (Eminem, Drake, G Unit, Young Jeezy, Rick Ross) and 3-time Grammy winner Deezle (Lil Wayne, Donald Harrison, Eddie Palmieri, Tito Puente). The chorus of the song will be in Serbian and he has enlisted Music Star Production general manager Igor Maric to help find the most suitable singer. Among the names being discussed are Ceca and Vlado Georgiev.
Filipi and Maric are also collaborating on production for other Serbian and American singers.
Filipi's last project, "Design & Origin of Stars", was released last summer. He had a stint playing college basketball before returning to music last month.
The cover was designed by Marko Sejat, based on Filipi's interpretation of a near death experience as described by a family friend.

Filip Filipi - Slav (prod. Chase & Status) VideoA visual for Filip Filipi's track 'Slav' put together by Marko Sejat using the classic Serbian movie Rane.
Vote for your Favorite SongI need the fans help in deciding which song to put on the last open spot on my upcoming 'greatest hits' mixtape: 'Life, Money and Cashmere'
28. Jun
As some of you who have followed my career know I have always felt a deep connection to Serbia, my country of birth. The humiliation and brutality she endured during my lifetime has left an entire generation displaced. The wars of the 90s and the subsequent exodus that followed brought my family and I to Canada. Recent events have solidified my position that time has come for me to undertake a political initiative. Several associates and I have created the 28. Jun organization to help our homeland in these difficult times.

No comments: