Thursday, September 29, 2011

Dave Morrison at Caltech Oct. 8

I will be playing The Beckman Auditorium at Caltech Oct. 8. This is kind of a big deal. I've been there to see some of the greats, and I've wanted to play there for a long time.

It's a big room, seats about 200, and also a really GOOD room for music. The seats rise steeply and wrap around in a crescent, so there is not a bad seat in the house. Good sound system too, with a pro at the dials. I'll have Greg Krueger with me on stringed things, and maybe Chad Watson on bass.

We are sharing the bill with Small Potatoes, the great duo out of Chicago. They are one of the finest, most polished acts in all of acoustic music, main-stage performers at festivals all over, and two of the warmest, funniest people I've been privileged to meet along this convoluted road. You will love them. www.smallpotatoesmusic.com

The show is produced by Nick Smith and the Caltech Folk Music Society. 8pm, Saturday Oct. 8. Tickets are available in advance from the Caltech Ticket Office: 626-395-4652. $15 for adults. $5 for kids.

www.davemorrisonmusic.com

No comments: