Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Esthero to release new LP

Esthero is pleased to announce the release of her new LP,  Everything Is Expensive on October 30, 2012 via both Universal Music Canada and through crowd funded efforts by Pledge Music. The album includes her infectious new single, "Never Gonna Let You Go" (written and produced by Esthero and Adam 12). The Canadian singer is using crowd funding to tour and for promotion,and is offering fans lullabies, fine art, and even a chance to have their name tattooed on her bottom. 

Everything is Expensive is the follow-up to 2005's, Wikked Lil Grrrls and is by far Esthero's most intimate work to  date. "All of my records are personal - I don't know how to do anything else," she says. "But this one, after it was  mastered and I was able to take my producer hat off and listen to it as a finished piece, I was able to grasp what I had  just purged. My engineer called me listening from his car and said, 'did we really just make this? I'm in the car listening  and crying. We realized it was disarmingly personal."

Sonically, Everything Is Expensive is primarily unplugged, arriving at a time when electronic music has reached its saturation point. For an artist who perfected that very sound in the '90s, the irony is not lost on her. As Esthero enters the next phase in her career - armed with yet another masterpiece - she continues to push the  envelope of what good music is supposed to sound like. Bold, heartfelt, and resilient, Esthero's gone from a Wikked Lil  Grrrl to a dynamic woman ready to prove that while everything is expensive, she's paid that price...including tax.

"Either I'm so far ahead or way far behind," she says. "All I know is I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be." Esthero has been away from the spotlight,but by no means has she been away from the game, collaborating with a number of high-profile artists spanning multiple genres as a co-writer, featured vocalist or both. These acts include:  The Black Eyed Peas, Kanye West, Timbaland, Cee Lo Green, Andre 3000, Sean Lennon, Mos Def, Nelly Furtado and  K'Naan. A highlight includes co-writing three tracks on the Platinum-selling Kanye West 808s & Heartbreak LP, including the chart-topping "Love Lockdown".

For the latest news on Esthero, visit www.esthero.net, www.facebook.com/esthero or follow her on Twitter at  @theRealEsthero.

No comments: