Monday, June 23, 2008

Support The Birdinumnums

Hello gentle readers -

From my friend Madame Pamita:

What is the magical exchange? It is simply this: when you walk out into the world with an open heart and a joyful expectancy that good things will come to you, gifts for you appear as if from nowhere. If you opened this email, you are embarking on that journey and I am about to drop one of those gifts into your lap!

Let me explain: A couple years back, my friend Andrew from the band Peachfuzz and I, holed up in a converted sweatshop in downtown L.A. and wrote six power pop/garage rock songs. Those six songs were recorded and we became the imaginary band, The Birdinumnums.

Now our imaginary band has a real CD and a song that we wrote and I sing on called "Little Libertine" is up for a "Battle of the Bands" contest on a radio show called "Goldie's Garage" on Little Steven's Underground Garage on Sirius radio.

* How they do it is, they put a whole bunch of unsigned garage bands up and you, the people of this great globe, get to vote for the one you think is the best.

So, I'm hustling you right now for a vote.

1. Click on this here link to go to the Birdinumnums page on Goldie's Garage

2. Go to the upper right hand corner and register to vote on the part that looks says "Register Here to vote its FREE" (and clearly English teachers need not apply!). It looks like this:

3. Click on the little feller with the green plus sign next to his head.

4. Then follow the directions from there (if you need help with that part, email** or phone*** me and I'll walk you through it)

5. Then go back to the Birdinumnums page on Goldie's Garage and click on the "Vote for this band here..." that looks like this.

6. That's it!Now comes the good part. Our CD has been selling for ten bucks over at CD Baby****, but I want to give it to you as a gift!

Just click here (or below) to send me an email and say, "I done voted fer the Birdinumnums" and I will send you back a link where you can download the whole blamed CD as a zip file.

If you're one of them old fashioned types who likes a real live CD of an imaginary band, I'll bring some to my shows and you can just tell me and I'll hand one over. Of course, if you live not in the L.A. area, I could mail you one, but i am notoriously slow about that, so I think it's better for you to just take the download and make your own CD... just some friendly advice there.

And if you'd rather have another CD besides the Birdinumnums, just come over to my house and look through my collection.

Thanks for reading this far... you are all beautiful gems!

Hope to see you at the show on Sunday!

*****Love, love and more love,
Madame Pamita
Your friendly neighborhood psychic uke and banjo player

No comments: