Friday, September 26, 2008

End o' week musings

Sleep... sleep... yeah, I'll admit it, I need some zzzs bad. But it's still hard to sleep when there's so much life out there!

Last Friday I attended the party/wake for Robert "The G-Man" Shields. It was weird because I was sooo flooded with emotion when they began showing clips from our old cable access TV shows. I haven't watched my tapes in a long time and I have to admit that the rapport he and I had was pretty amazing. I miss those days... and they will be a fond memory I will keep in my heart.

Saturday I braved the day and went to yoga at 7 a.m., then my cardio/weight class at 8 a.m. After that I ran errands and got ready for my appearance on "Marty's Corner." I got to be in a skit, then Marty interviewed me and finally I worked as his co-host. After the show I went to the cast party and had a good talk with his producer John Garside. Everyone gathered in front of the TV at midnight to watch the show. It was fun!

On Tuesday I joined the Light Bringer Project for a Doo Dah Parade presentation at the Pasadena Museum of History's garden lecture series for its members. The night was wonderful-- read about it and see some of the photos at my other blog, www.insidesocal.com/doodah

Wednesday I had dance practice for my big gig Sunday:

Tribal LA
Event Noon-7:30 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 27 and noon-6 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 28
Performance 4:36 p.m. Sunday
Glendale Civic Auditorium
1401 Verdugo Road
Glendale
$10 advance/$15 at the door

I will also be in a parade at the Los Angeles County Fair on Saturday, so my weekend is booked, baby!

Last night I went to Knott's Halloween Haunt and had a blast. It wasn't very crowded so I got to go on quite a few rides, through probably every maze and even caught a show, plus enjoyed the VIP buffet. I didn't hit the pillow until sometime after 2 a.m., but it was way worth it. I highly recommend this event for spooky fans, but I suggest not going on a Friday or Saturday, as it gets so busy you may not get to do everything you'd like. Also wear comfy shoes because there's so much walking I didn't need to work out this morning lol!

Other than my crazy weekend, next week is looking kinda quiet right now, but I know that won't last... Still, it would be nice to have a breather.


Photos we got 'em: As usual I found a couple of cute pet pics that I wanted to share. I'm also sharing some photos sent to me by artist Dave Lovejoy of his outdoor art installation corresponding with his "Circular Logic" exhibition in Pasadena. It consists of 1,000 magnifying glasses suspended by over a mile of galvanized steel wire, strung individually. The installation is up through the month of October, and is just off the 134 freeway at 88 Fair Oaks.


In rotation this week: I Am Ghost, Dave Morrison, Joe Walla, Wicked Tinkers and some other screaming metal album by a band whose name escapes me at the moment, but it really rocks...


Thought of the week: Positivity works. As you know I've been so down lately, but I've been trying to smile and talk about happy things and concentrate on the goals I have. I pray every night for guidance, strength and wisdom and, I'll admit, something personal that I want very much in my life. Slowly, things are beginning to come together and smooth out. I'm even getting a better feeling about my "special request." And slowly I am beginning to feel a little better inside.

No matter what is going on in your life, try to find some happiness. I'm not saying that you shouldn't discuss your problems with your best friend, but don't just dwell on them. And I'm not going to tell you to fix everything because, like in my case, sometimes we just can't control things. But do whatever you need to make that little bit of zen in your world and the universe will ultimately be yours....

Keep on rockin'
Mickie





2 comments:

Cafe Observer said...

That weasel of a dog has nothing on us.
And those cats,...cats!! What are they doin here?? Can't live with or without them.

Now, where is my slave....

Mickie said...

What a good looking pup you are! And a very good typer too... You must understand that I have to give equal time to the kitties or I'll be getting poisoned mice in my mailbox.

Paws up and keep on rockin'
Mickie