Friday, June 24, 2011

End o' Week Musings


What happened? Did you forget us? Did you miss us?



OK, maybe I muse too much... either that or I need more coffee! But yes, I didn't tell you a darn thing about my week last week because I was recovering from the procedure for my back and I didn't think a recounting of what books I read and what shows I watched on TV while laying down would be especially exciting. But I'm getting back to life now.







This week has been mostly filled with interviews- musicians: Rocky Dawuni, Susan Anders, Metales M5 and Carolyn Martin and author: Vincent Bugliosi.




My other fun was catching the latest "Pirates" movie. I was very surprised by the mermaids, I never knew they were that vicious. I don't recall any of that sort of thing in "The Little Mermaid"-- that would have changed the whole story for sure. If you've seen "Pirates" then you know what I'm talking about, if you haven't seen it, I'm not going to spoil it for you, other than to say it was very enlightening.




I have a fairly calm weekend planned, as I need to still baby my back a bit. I do have a gig on Sunday at a benefit for the Pomona Historical Society. It will be fun performing in an old house-- that's supposedly haunted too!



Next week is going to be crazy with activity, from my usual stuff to checking out Wheel Food Wednesday at Jones Coffee Roasters in Pasadena and dancing at AM2. AM2 is the anime, manga and music convention at the Anahiem Convention Center July 1-3. I will be helping the Rum Party Pirates with their belly dance contest Friday evening and then dancing with a few of my musician friends 12:15 p.m. July 3. More on that next week, but for now you can visit http://www.am2con.org/ for more info.



In rotation this week: Amberlin, Peppino D'Agustino and Drop 8.




Photos we got 'em: Two cute pet pics from the Web.



Tought o' the week: It's OK to be a baby. You know me, I'm all about pushing yourself harder to get stronger, smarter and be more successful. Well, my back has taught me a valuable lesson-- it's OK to baby yourself once in a while.






It was very hard to just lay in bed all day for three days and let my friends cater to me. And it's been tough getting moving again SLOWLY, letting my mom bring my groceries in from the car for me and taking my time to get back into my workouts (I'm still not back to my full schedule yet). But it's been good for me.






I've had time (almost too much lol!) to think about what is important to me now and decide what things can wait and what must be done, plus how to go about everything so I don't hurt myself. Most important, I've learned not to feel guilty about letting someone help me and that it's fine to ask fro help. I don't plan to take advantage of my situation, but I'm not going to be so stubborn and proud as to not admit when I can't do something physically any more. Yes, it's OK to baby yourself... within reason...


Keep on rockin'

Mickie










No comments: