Friday, March 29, 2013

End o' week musings

It's been a tough week - I've even had some major computer problems, so no photos today, sorry... Still it wasn't all bad.


Saturday I went to see Janis Ian at Caltech in Pasadena. It gave me chills to see and hear one of music's true legends so up-close. She was amazing. Ian still has a voice that is sweet as honey, yet cuts to the core of emotion. I was quite impressed by her expertise on the guitar. I had never heard her really play other than to back her singing, but wow, she is even  better than I imagined. If you weren't at the show you missed out big time.


Otherwise my weekend was filled with Renaissance Faire rehearsal and fun things, like laundry. We have our dress rehearsal for Faire tomorrow. It's a run through for the big day- April 6, when we fling open the ship's door (our entryway is a ship, yes, weird on land, but just go with it) and welcome the crowds to our port town.


Last night I went to the Vans Warped Tour Pre-Party at Club Nokia. I got to interview Stephan Jacobs, New Beat Fund and Charlotte Something and then stay for the show. I saw performances by Echosmith, Brian Marquis, New Beat Fund, Charlotte Something, MC Lars, Juliet Simms. Big Chocolate and more. I'm getting in the mood VWT now.


Otherwise it was an art week, as in I interviewed Sierra Madre artist Richard Jackson about his work and Bridge Bray about the new exhibit she's curated for Pacific Asia Museum in Pasadena.


I want to remind anyone thinking about auditioning for Pasadena Doo Dah Parade Queen or in serach of some fun, the try-outs are Sunday, April 7. For more information and to sign up in advance to audition, scroll down my blog or visit www.pasadenadoodahparade.info.

In rotation this week: Janis Ian, Owl City, Deleyaman and Adrenaline Mob.

Thought o' the week: Let go. Sometimes we all reach a point where there's just too much pressure and we need to let it out somehow. That's me today. I have had too many problems this week and lots of things stacking up on me that need to be done, but I don't have the time or the funds.

I'm taking tonight off... sort of... I do have a few odd and end things I absolutely must do, but once those are done, I'm going to be quiet. Maybe I'll soak in a nice bubblebath with a glass of wine. Maybe I'll just read. Maybe I'll paint my toenails. Whatever it is, it's going to be something just for me. I want to feel that stress rolling away.... and it will. And tomorrow I'm going to dance, dance, dance and dance some more.

Keep on rockin'
Mickie

No comments: