Friday, June 13, 2008

End o' week musings

Last weekend was great! I danced at MECDA's Annual Belly Dance Carnival at Santa Anita Park in Arcadia and had a blast. I also watched dancers perform, met up with friends and shopped.

I spent the rest of the weekend with my mom. We went to the Dockside for dinner, where we caught a guy playing guitar and singing old favorites and on Sunday we went to the Pro Bass Shop by Victoria Gardens. That place is like Disneyland for sportsmen. There are so many things to look at, plus waterfalls, rock climbing, a firing range, tanks and streams with fish happily swimming around and more... I especially enjoyed the elevator that lines up with the aquarium so you are eye-to-eye with the fish!!

Last night I went to the VIP soiree for the Chalk Fest that is happening this weekend in Pasadena. The food was great, the mai tais were yummy, the music was terrific and the people were the best. It was a lovely event on one of the Paseo Colorado patio areas and just perfect! Here's the info on the event:

WHAT: THE PASADENA CHALK FESTIVAL

WHEN: SATURDAY, JUNE 14 AND SUNDAY, JUNE 15 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
WHERE: Paseo Colorado located at 280 E. Colorado Blvd. Pasadena, CA 91101 (between Marengo and Los Robles Ave.) Murals on Garfield Promenade and Upper Fountain Court
FREE



Coming up next week for me will be the Warped Tour and the Mount Lowe History Hike!

Photos we got 'em: Just a few of the fun pets I found on the Net.

In rotation this week: Everlast, Another Black Day, Street Dogs, The Ting Tings and "Freshly Squeezed" compilation.

Thought of the week: Don't be afraid to get dirty. Last night I was in a nice outfit sitting at a table at the Chalk Fest party and noticed the chalk pastels and paper. At first, I worried about getting covered with the dust, but then I gave in and began drawing. Pretty soon all the people at the table were making pictures and having a blast. This reminded me at how often we don't try new things because of a little mud or paint splashes or... you get the idea. Think back to how much fun you had as a kid playing with your trucks in the back yard or working with glue to create something. This world is much too serious sometimes, so get out there and play!

Keep on rockin'
Mickie

No comments: