Thursday, June 25, 2009

Shooter Jennings readying new album

Singer-songwriter SHOOTER JENNINGS is putting the finishing touches on his much-buzzed-about fourth studio album, titled BLACK RIBBONS. Recorded with producer Dave Cobb (Chris Cornell, Jamey Johnson) in Los Angeles, the album is tentatively scheduled for release later this year.

"This album is gonna surprise a lot of people," says Cobb. "It spotlights Shooter as an artist with a broadened range, a deepened perspective and a freedom from current trends. It's got heavy guitars and piano blended with ambient textures and is filled with rich lyrical imagery. It's pretty epic."

"I made an album for the truth-seekers of the world," says Jennings. "I think I speak for a lot of people when I say that I'm sick of the lies and the processed bubblegum bullshit churned out by the overlords of double-speak. You could say this album is a soundtrack for all of us."

This summer, Jennings will be giving fans a sneak preview of BLACK RIBBONS with a few choice songs to be performed while on select Warped Tour dates.

"I feel like a different human being these days," adds Jennings. "I've got a better connection with my music, my love and my fans. I'm looking forward to touring this summer and shining what my buddy Will O' The Wisp calls 'the last beacon of truth and defiance.' The light still shines, folks."

BLACK RIBBONS is the follow-up to Jennings' acclaimed 2007 release, The Wolf.

Don't miss your chance to catch Shooter Jennings on this summer's Warped Tour. For dates, please visit Jennings' MySpace page at www.myspace.com/shooterjennings



www.shooterjennings.com

1 comment:

meditation said...

Soundcrank - lyrics, album artwork, new music releases, music

recommendations, iTunes software downloads

Soundcrank is the best site to get lyrics and album artwork, find out

about new music releases, and get music recommendations. Get iTunes

software downloads http://www.soundcrank.com/