10 THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT FRAN HEALY
Fran Releases First Solo Album, Launches Web Store, Converts to a Vegetarian for Paul McCartney, Talks to CNN about First Single, Leaks New Song on EW.com and Announces NYC & LA Album Release Shows
1. The frontman of the multi-platinum selling Scottish band, TRAVIS, goes solo. Frans first album, Wreckorder, (pronounced recorder) features guest performances by Neko Case and Paul McCartney and is due out October 5 on Ryko.
2. To thank Paul McCartney for contributing bass on the song, As It Comes, Fran and his family followed in McCartneys footsteps by giving up meat entirely! The next week, The Beatles legend had three Linda McCartney vegetarian cookbooks delivered to Frans doorstep.
3. Entertainment Weekly offers an exclusive stream of As It Comes on their website today. Listen HERE:
4. Fran launches new web store http://franhealy.hasawebstore.com/ where fans pre-order an ultimate deluxe bundle that contains a variety of limited edition and autographed items for Wreckorder. Fans can also visit www.franhealy.com, entirely run by Fran, to check out his personal videos and blog posts.
5. Wreckorder album release shows will be held in New York City at City Winery on Oct. 7 and at Hotel Café in Los Angeles on Oct. 12. These dates follow Frans recent tour with Keane along with his headlining shows stretching across the U.S. and Canada.
6. Fran chats with CNN about the albums first single, Buttercups, and how hand-picked flowers from a broke art student do not always make the ladies swoon. Fran was a painting major at Glasgow School of Art for 2 years before chucking school and forming TRAVIS.
7. His new video for Buttercups, directed by Josh Miller (featured in Shoot Magazine as one of "The Ones To Watch") was recently filmed in his Manhattan neighborhood of SoHo and features various girlfriends throughout his life.
8. Fran Healy is actively involved with the Save The Children organization. He has made two trips to Sudan and launched one of the largest global campaigns to help over ten million children. Fran is currently donating part of the proceeds from his special edition package for the new album to the organization.
9. TRAVIS has sold 1 MILLION records in the U.S. to date, 10 MILLION worldwide and holds two Album Of The Year Brit Awards. Legend has it, that one in eight UK households own a copy of the album, The Man Who.
10. Fran Healy has a killer sense of humor. Watch his remix of the Travis hit, Why Does It Always Rain On Me, on the Ali G Show.