The Times has launched its first mobile interactive guide to help attendees explore this weekend’s Festival of Books. Now available for free download for iPhone, iPod Touch and Android users, it includes the following features:
· Customizable schedule of events
· Detailed “search” by activity, author, book title or genre and descriptions of all panels, participants, performers and exhibitors
· Maps of the Festival grounds, including information about dining options, parking and public transportation
· Integration with users’ Facebook and Twitter accounts for posting photos, status updates and tweets
· Easy access to up-to-the-minute news from the Festival’s Facebook and Twitter feeds as well as USC traffic updates
All attractions, including the Festival’s eight outdoor stages, hundreds of panels, exhibitors, book sellers and live entertainment, will be comfortably located around the USC campus’ central Trousdale Parkway. Other conveniences added this year include additional information booths, sit-down dining and more concession stands, a shaded rest area, an increased number of parking spaces and valet parking option for panel pass purchasers. Triangular shuttle service between Union Station, Los Angeles Convention Center and USC will also supplement existing public transportation.
The Los Angeles Times Festival of Books is presented in association with USC, presenting sponsor Target, major sponsors Buick and GMC and official ticketing provider Eventbrite.