THE CRIME BEAT RADIO SHOW’S UPCOMING SCHEDULE FOR JANUARY 3, 2013, THROUGH FEBRUARY 28, 2013 FEATURES GANGSTER SQUAD, NOAM CHOMSKY, HUMAN TRAFFICKING, SKINHEADS AND J. EDGAR HOOVER AND THE MOB.
Crime Beat: Issues, Controversies and Personalities from the darkside on Artist First World Radio Network is pleased to announce its forthcoming schedule for January 3, 2012, through February 28, 2013. Topics covered include Gangster Squad, Noam Chomsky, Human Trafficking, Skinheads, Law Enforcement Against Prohibition, J. Edgar Hoover and the Mob. Here is the lineup:
- January 3 — Paul Lieberman, author of Gangster Squad, which is the inspiration for the movie by the same name, starring Sean Penn. Seeus.macmillan.com/
- January 10 — Phil Leonetti and Scott Burnstein, Authors of Mafia Prince: Inside America’s Most Violent Crime Family and the Bloody Fall of La Cosa Nostra. See themafiaprince.com.
- January 17 — Robert Lombardo , author of Organized Crime in Chicago: Beyond the Mafia. See laborers.org/Genesis.html.
- January 24 — Gill Revill, author of Mafia Summit: J. Edgar Hoover, the Kennedy Brothers and the Meeting that Unmasked the Mob. See us.macmillan.com/mafiasummit/
- January 31 — Noam Chomsky, world renowned activist will discuss the U.S. election and crime issues See chomsky.info. Lois Banner, the author of Marilyn: The passion and the Paradox, will discuss Marilyn Monroe, the Mob and the Rat Pack. See loisbanner.com.
- February 7 — Jack Cole, co-founder of Law Enforcement Against Prohibition and longtime undercover narcotics officer, will discuss the War on Drugs. See leap.cc.
- February 14 — JJ Leyden Skinhead Confessions: From Hate to Hope.
- February 21 — Norma Ramos, Executive Director, Coalition Against Trafficking in Women, and Stella Marr, Founding member of The Survivors Connect Network. See www.catwinternational.org
- February 28 — Greg Kading, author of Murder Rap: The Untold Story of Biggie Smalls and Tupac Shakur. See www.hiphopdx.com. (Command Appearance).
On the air since January 28, 2011, Crime Beat is a weekly hour-long radio program that airs every Thursday at 8 p.m. EST. Crime Beat presents fascinating topics that bring listeners closer to the dynamic underbelly of the world of crime. Guests have included ex-mobsters, undercover law enforcement agents, sports officials, informants, prisoners, drug dealers and investigative journalists, who have provided insights and fresh information about the world’s most fascinating subject: crime.
Crime Beat is currently averaging 130,000 listeners plus each week, and the figure is growing. Crime Beat is hosted by award-winning crime writer and documentary producer Ron Chepesiuk (www.ronchepesiuk.com) and broadcast journalist and freelance writer Will Hryb.
Ronald Herd I1, the popular Internet radio host and regular listener of Crime Beat, said: "Crime Beat sounds like an organized crime greatest hits collection...I am loving it!" Tom Hart of Atlanta, Georgia, writes: “I am a BIG fan of your show and enjoy the variety of guests you have on your show. “Keep up the good work.” Carolyn Yarema of Toronto, Canada writes, "fabulous program guys' ... my husband Chi Chi and I never miss the show."
Crime Beat airs weekly every Thursday at 8 P.M. EST on the Artist First World Radio Network at artistfirst.com/crimebeat