On December 18, 2012, RUSH will release their first ever iBook for their classic album 2112. The iBook will consist of unpublished pictures, black and white ink art and pencil sketches for every comic book cell, and preview music for the newly remastered Mastered for iTunes (mFit) audio of 2112 with 3 bonus live tracks.
Originally released in 1976, Rush’s epic, landmark release 2112 was their creative and commercial breakthrough as well as one of the band’s most highly regarded releases among both fans and critics alike. With lyrics written by Neil Peart, and influenced by author Ayn Rand, 2112kicks off with the ambitious seven-suite title track (originally side one), set in a futuristic world run by the “Priests of the Temples of Syrinx” who regulate “every single facet of every life,” which includes books, music, work and play. “2112” conveys the story of humanity’s instinctual, inner need for one’s free will.
iBook content includes:
- 40-page comic book by story artist Tom Hodges (“Star Wars -The Clone Wars," The Simpson's "Treehouse of Horrors #17")
- Unpublished pictures
- Black and white ink art and pencil sketches for every comic book cell
- Preview of the remastered audio of 2112
- Expanded artwork, liner notes, lyrics and unreleased photos.
- Brand new liner notes by David Fricke, Rolling Stone.