Friday, October 24, 2008

End o' week musings











This has been a weird week for me emotionally- a rollercoaster of sorts, but I'll leave that to my thought of the week...

Last Friday I had a terrific talk with Jason C. Miller of Godhead. I really dig their new CD and Jason, well, he's fascinating and funny!

Friday night I went to the Anaheim House of Blues to catch Street Dogs. The place was packed!! It was a terrific show and I'm thrilled to say that they are just as good, if not better, live as they are on their album.



Saturday I wandered through Thunderfest/Bluesapalooza in Covina checking out cool cars and motorcycles and catching performances by House of Rock, Chico's Bail Bond, the Devon Reeves Band and more. It was a good event and I really enjoyed seeing all the classics out there.. the vehicles I mean, not the bands lol!




On Sunday I danced at the Nightmare Before Halloween in San Bernardino. The show was really good with some great vendors and many wonderful dancers.

The rest of my week has been filled out with working on stories. Yesterday I spoke with Brendan Hill of Blues Traveler. The band will be coming here soon and I will be previewing their concerts with a story.

This weekend is busy for me. Tonight I'm going to the Pasadena Playhouse to see "The Lady With The Answers" starring Mimi Kennedy, Saturday I am going to the Girl Talk concert with my friend and drummer Ric Sarabia (catch him in "Changeling") and Sunday I may try to drop by at McGinty's Gallery at the End of the World in Pasadena for its Sunday Salon (noon to dusk) before heading out to my gig.

What gig? You ask... well, here's the info:


Night Out at The Vine
Event 9 p.m.-2 a.m. Sunday, Oct. 26
Almase Arabesque performance 10 p.m.
with DJs Juicy Jay, Surfer Mike, Roxy and Kane from 98.1
plus Miss Lady La Diva, Tequila Mockingbird and more

The Vine
1235 Vine St.
Hollywood
$5


Photos we got 'em: Wow! Lots of Halloween-themed pics this week. Here's a bat I found on the Web- check out those back feet! And an interesting water tower from a town in the U.S. with a good sense of humor, obviously. I also have a nice witch display that my friend Jeannette Bovard has on her front porch- nice work gf! And of course dance photos as promised-- the one with me and Zaynah was taken in the dressing room and the on stage ones of me were taken by Richard Lowe (see more of his work at http://www.renaissancefaire.net/ ).



In rotation this week: Scum of the Earth, Girl Talk, Necromantix, HorrorPops, Beat Union, Billy Currington, Godhead, Street Dogs, Dio, "Repo" rock opera soundtrack and Van Helsing's Curse.


Thought of the week: Sometimes there's things from your past that you'd just rather forget. I didn't have the best childhood and for some reason I've been going back there in my dreams this week. In some of my dreams I'm a child again, in others I'm my age now, but being treated as if I was still small. In addition to that, I've been dreaming a lot about my ex-husband and a couple of my ex-boyfriends (with some of them all in the same room at the same time- talk about stress!). All of this has been dredging up a lot of feelings that I have kept stuffed down for a long time. In some strange way, maybe this means I'm growing up or changing. Perhaps my mind is telling me that it's time to deal with all these unresolved feelings and let them go.

In trying to focus on the present and the future, sometimes you have to face your past. This doesn't mean that you have to resign yourself to a certain fate or relive every hurtful moment, instead, you need to find your peace with it. I'm searching for mine.... I hope you can find yours.


Keep on rockin'
Mickie

No comments: