Friday, October 31, 2008

End o' week musings

















Boo! Did I scare you? ...Perhaps a look at my rapidly filling calendar would!

I left off last week with plans to go see "Lady with All the Answers" at the Pasadena Playhouse. It was absolutely wonderful and I recommend it to anyone who read her columns. Mimi Kennedy is fantastic and makes you feel like you're part of the play.

On Saturday I met up with my drummer and friend Ric Sarabia. We had lots of goofy fun. First we both got manicures in the spirit of the season, then we went out for shabu shabu. Ric wouldn't let me throw peas at the guy who was eyeing me, so that was kind of a bummer, but other than that the meal was very good. Then we went to Girl Talk at the Musicbox. I'm not big into DJs, but Girl Talk is quite impressive, as he had an amazingly large catalog of music from which he drew for his mashups. And boy! Did I dance!!

Sunday I danced at the Vine Bar. The place looked like a dive from the outside, but inside it was charming and very, very clean. There was a long shiny black bar, beautifully framed mirrors, chandeliers and other classic touches. Not to mention the bartender/owner John who is very easy on the eyes! Our set went well and we stayed to enjoy some of the other acts, which were all quite entertaining.

I felt really good Tuesday when I saw my special guy's smile -- he liked his birthday surprises (all sweet stuff, so wipe those evil thoughts away!). It's always great when you can make someone else happy. And my turn came on Wednesday...


Late Tuesday Ben McGinty (Gallery at the End of the World) called to invite me to Disneyland Wednesday and I didn't see how I could do it with everyone ailing at work. I came in on Wednesday and my co-workers all looked healthy again, so I commented to my boss that I had missed a good time. She said to call Ben and see if I could still go... I did and I could! I just checked my voicemail and e-mail and now I'm going to Disneyland!

There was hardly anyone there and the four of us - me, Ben, Cliff and Lynn - could just about walk on to every ride. In fact, we began joking, "What?! We have a five minute wait!" We ate at the Blue Bayou-- yummy!! What a great day!!

Tonight I'm going to be the resident vampire in a haunted house. Tomorrow I have a date with my guy for a concert and on Sunday I'm going with my BFF Angela to see Joe Walla out in Canyon Country. The rest of my week is slowly unfolding with other exciting opportunities!!


Photos we got 'em: Here's a goofy shot of the manicures Ric and I got lol! plus one of your favorite rockin' vampiress and a selection of fun Halloween pet pics. Enjoy!


In rotation this week: Beat Union, Horrorpops, Van Helsing's Curse, Dio, Godhead, Girl Talk and Tribe of Gypsies.



Thought of the week: Don't overthink, let it flow. I have decided that I'm going to make a concious effort not to overthink everything that people do and say. It's a waste of time and worry. And, excuse me, but this really applies to my relationships with men in a big way. Boys will be boys~ you can't change them, even if it's your best friend, your brother, whoever.... they will live life on their terms, so it's not worth getting all frustrated over. I'm just going to ease back and let life flow a bit and see what happens.





Have a safe and spooky Halloween!!


And keep on rockin'
Mickie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so sweet. Go Mickie!

Mickie said...

Thank you... wow! I have fans!
Keep on rockin'
and the good karma flowin'
Mickie