Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Kerry Westfall releases fitness DVD, proceeds to benefit neuromuscular disease research

From Kerry Westfall:

My name is Kerry Westfall, and I have a neuromuscular disease called “Friedreichs Ataxia” (“FA”). I have produced a DVD which details my fitness regime with my fitness trainer, Ed. We also have segments from four doctors who give detailed presentations in their respective fields of medicine. Sales of this DVD will be used to educate and help everyone with a neuromuscular disease or any pre-existing medical condition which may, in any form, discourage a person from going to a gym or participate in a fitness program to improve ones self, both mentally and physically.

My charitable organization, Westfall Foundation, has a single mission: Improve life, one person at a time. Our first exercise (pun intended!) of this mission, the DVD, will drastically improve lives, regardless of medical condition.` Every day I am at the gym, there is always someone who approaches me. to tell me how seeing me there, working hard and not letting the fact that I sit in a wheelchair slow me down at all, inspires them to work as hard as I do to achieve the results they want to achieve, regardless of external factors. This is the purpose of this DVD; I want to inspire as many people as possible, and give all the profit attained as a result of DVD sales to medical research.

The reason why I produced this video: My childhood was very difficult, growing up with a neuromuscular disease is harsh, being teased and made fun of, dealing with issues of acceptance (or lack-of) and having no hope or desire to improve my situation. To make things worse, doctors had no idea what was wrong with me. I felt alone and in a hole with no way out. Starting the Westfall Foundation and releasing this film addresses all those issues We give people the knowledge to live healthier lives, while committing ALL income from film sales to medical research leading to treatments and cures for neuromuscular disease.

What I am proposing is a fundraiser which benefits WF. Entitled “Kids Saving Kids” and every child (or anyone) can participate. I've set up everything on the internet so people can research and purchase this DVD on my web site http://www.committoyourhealth.org so the only job of each participant is to print and hand out the attached flyer and drive people to this web site to purhase a DVD. Campain details at http://www.committoyourhealth.org/kids.php The reason I am asking for your help is because I need exposure. Pure and simple. I would like to see millions of people handing out fliers and committing to their health.

Every DVD sold will have a chance to bless a kid with the childhood I was never able to experience.

Kerry Westfall
CEO, the Westfall Foundation
http://www.westfallfoundation.org/

No comments: