Wednesday, June 9, 2010

"American Idol" finalist Michael Sarver to release album

MICHAEL SARVER, Top 10 finalist from American Idol’s Season 8 will release his debut country music self-titled CD on July 27 on Dream Records, distributed by Universal Music Group. Sarver’s single from the new album titled “Ferris Wheel” is currently available on itunes.

The multi-talented singer-songwriter wrote and/or co-wrote six of the 13 tracks on his debut, including “Baby I Want You,” “You Are” and “Watch Me.” Other writers on the CD include some of Nashville’s finest including Ben Glover, Kyle Jacobs, Rachel Thibodeau and Rivers Rutherford. Sarver recently completed the national American Idol and “American Stars in Concert” tours with A.I. alumns Gina Glocksen, David Hernandez and Alexis Grace.

The Louisiana native who grew up in Sulphur, and now resides in Jasper, TX, has come a long way from his roots working on an oil rig, and then making it to the final 10 on American Idol. “With this new album, I’m finally getting a chance to be the real me,” says Sarver. “All my life, I knew I would find my dream if I chased after it hard. I want to deliver my heart through my music, with integrity and substance. I’m also grateful that in turn, this will allow me to encourage others to achieve their own happy endings.”

Says Lance Brown, General Manager of Dream Records: "We're extremely excited to be working with Michael. He has delivered an amazing record full of depth, honesty and vision. With a laundry list of accomplishments already in his career we are excited for his fans to hear his debut album as he continues up the ladder of success."

Sarver is signed to Dream Records affiliated with the Dream Center in Los Angeles, a non-profit outreach dedicated to helping inner-cities. A portion of the proceeds will go to the development of the Dream Center which provides food, clothing, shelter, life rehabilitation, education and job training to thousands of people. Since 1994, through its 200 outreach programs, the Dream Center feeds 30,000 people per week (one million pounds of food) in Los Angeles and houses more than 1,200 people daily each week.

No comments: