Friday, June 18, 2010

End o' week musings

Hard to believe, my week was mostly on the boring side! I'm still nursing my back, so I've been taking it easy, but things are heating up again slowly...



Saturday and Sunday I worked. I did get a nice soak in my friends' hot tub Sunday night, though, complete with cigar and martini!





Last night was probably the highlight of my week. My friend Rose has heart problems and was declare dead last week, but she came back to life (on her own) happily surprisingly her hubby and family. Yes, miracles happen. She is a very nice and caring person, always with a smile on her face no matter how awful she feels.




I went to see her in the hospital last night. Her heart is working only at 10% and she needs a transplant, but it doesn't look promising, still she is laughing and enjoying every moment she has been given. We chatted about music (our shared passion), my camping trip and the other joys in our lives. It was sooo wonderful! Please take a moment to say a prayer for Rose or send her good vibes or whatever you do to help someone in need. Your sweetness will come back to kiss you!


Other good things this week included a nice interview with Susie Garcia. What a bright woman! The room just sparkles when she smiles and her easy laughter and interesting conversation made for a nice chat. Watch for her and her new band Chicoa. For more info, visit http://www.esaguerita.com/



I also spoke with photographer Ibrionex Rafael Perello, who does a podcast interviewing photographers about their craft. He focuses on their creativity rather than the equipment they use. We had a great chat and he told me I need to buy a new camera- of course!



Lastly, read my interview with Mike Portnoy of Dream Theater at http://www.sgvn.com/.





I'm going to Knott's tomorrow with my mom and some friends. I probably will have to forego the big coasters, but I can still wander around and enjoy some of the tamer rides. My mom hasn't been there in years, so it will be interesting.




In rotation this week: Transmit Now, Seth Swirsky and Framing Hanley.



Photos we got 'em: Pet pics from the usual- enjoy!




Thought o' the week: Spoil yourself. It's OK to be a little selfish once in a while if it makes you feel good. I don't mean the kind of selfish that hurts others, but rather the kind like hiding away from the world to soak in a warm bubble bath or taking a walk alone as the sun sets. Those little pleasures that make everything right with the world.


I have an appointment with my masseusse Monday and can't wait! I will be taking a half day off to do a few errands, maybe get in a nap and some yoga and then oooooo magic fingers time. I know Sidney will make my back feel oh so much better and in turn my whole attitude will be better too.



A little indulgence is a good thing. Sometimes for me it's as simple as sparkly eye shadow or hearing my favorite songs. Other times it's that hour-plus massage or a long nap (or both!). When's the last time you spoiled yourself? Don't hold out for some special date on the calendar, take a little time~ the rest of your world will be the better for it.

Keep on rockin'
Mickie




No comments: