Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Venable wins Law Rocks! Battle of the Bands

Thanks to Gary of http://2or3lines.blogspot.com/ for sharing this cool news item~ M


Venable’s Band Wins Battle of the Bands Competition on March 8, 2012

Led by Los Angeles attorney Matthew Hard, Venable’s band, Exposition Deposition, took first place in the Battle of the Bands competition hosted by Law Rocks! on March 8, 2012. In addition to Hard, Exposition Deposition is comprised of attorneys from Sheppard Mullin. This inaugural charity event pitted five local bands comprised of attorneys against one another. Attorneys from DLA Piper, Mayer Brown, and Skadden Arps also participated in the contest. As a result of Exposition Deposition’s win, the band’s designated charity, The Painted Turtle, will receive $25,000.

The Painted Turtle is the sixth addition to Paul Newman’s family of Hole in the Wall Camps for seriously ill children. It is also the only multi-disease camp and family care center of its kind on the West Coast. Through educational, therapeutic, safe year-round programs, The Painted Turtle provides a life-changing experience to children whose daily struggles often diminish both their desire to be well and their ability to lead a rich, productive life.

1 comment:

Bobby Boy said...

I wonder if any of the bands "cover" the old Bobby Fuller hit song "I Fought the Law and the Law Won"? I think I've already told about my younger daughter Vicky, who is a staff attorney for a state bureau during the day, but in off hours is the electric bass player for the "Surf-Liners" and other musical groups. A while back I was chatting with a young woman who was playing bass in a local band (they were sharing the bill with Adam Marsland's Chaos Band) and she mentioned that she was considering law school. Using Vicky as an example, I encouraged her to follow her dream (I think the band leader gave me a dirty look--like "Thanks buddy, now I'll have to find another bass player.")