Friday, November 2, 2012

Local songstress Lisa Haze dead

Local vocalist Lisa Haze passed away peacefully Oct. 16 after a fight with cancer. She is known for her lively and talented performances with the Skallywags and Lisa Haze & the Dr. Bones Band. She was also an actress, model, world traveler and humanitarian.

Lisa was one of the nicest people I ever met. She was quick with a smile and just-right kind word and it was all from the heart. I think of her almost every day.

Lisa took the photo of me that appears on my blog and twitter account (the one where I'm wearing striped gloves). It was from one of her shows in a small club over the holidays several years ago. I was leaning on a little railing while we chatted during a break. Lisa sneaked up and "tied" me to the post with tinsel and then snapped the photo. She and I had a good laugh and it gave me a happy memory-- plus one of my favorite photos.

May you rest in peace, sunshine.

Love,
Mickie

To learn more about Lisa and her life, visit www.lisahaze.com and www.drbonesband.com

No comments: