Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Rev. Billy & the Triple Goddess Gosepel Singers in LA March 3

Rev Billy & the Triple Goddess Gospel Singers

Presented by Sister Exene Cervenka

SUNDAY, MARCH 3, 2013
2:00PM
The Echo
1822 Sunset Blvd
Los Angeles, CA

First, we love Exene. Second, we must be intrigued by the troika of female gods. And finally, I lived in Silverlake back in the day when I was in LA in the audition mill. I was supposed to be the new... and I can't even remember what I was supposed to be the new of. Was it Kurt Russell?

In this Fabulous Worship - my sermon attempts to alchemize Social Justice and Earth Justice - and yet, the monologue is comedy routine. So, Earthalujah! ....PREACHING IN LA! What a sunbaked tradition! Sister Aimee Semple McPherson and Rev Gene Scott in his pith helmet with the cigar! And Robert Mitchum with his wrestling hands... Oh to preach in the City of Angels!

No comments: