Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Wynonna Judd joins 'Dancing with the Stars' March 18

 
Country music icon WYNONNA JUDD has confirmed she’ll join ABC-TV’s wildly popular competition show “Dancing With The Stars” as a contestant.  WYNONNA appeared on “Good Morning America” today to help announce the cast for the 16th season of the show which launches Monday, March 18 at 8 PM ET/7 PM CT.   

The five-time Grammy winner is honored and thrilled to join “Dancing With The Stars” and has been paired with professional dancing partner Tony Dovolani, last season’s winning instructor. “I’ve been through an emotional roller coaster over the last year,” says WYNONNA, whose husband (and drummer) Cactus Moser lost his leg in an August motorcycle accident.  “I focused on being a wife and a nurse for the last seven months, and now I’m doing something for myself.  The main word for me this year is ‘risk.’  I’m stepping out of my comfort zone and doing something that a lot of people tell me is crazy—but they get it.”  

When asked why she’s doing this now, WYNONNA told “Good Morning America,” “I’m trying to get back to my original weight of 8 lbs and 15 oz.,” jokes WYNONNA.  “And because it’s the year of doing things you’re scared of…I mean, I’m scared to death.”  

Asked about her favorite dance, WYNONNA says, “I love the tango. It is incredibly romantic and passion-filled. It is one of my favorite dances to watch.” 

Visit www.wynonna.com for all the latest news on WYNONNA.

No comments: