Thursday, January 11, 2007

almost end o' the week musings




You might miss me on Friday or feel like you've been ripped, but hey, a grrrl's gotta do what a grrrl's gotta do. I won't be near a computer, as I'm going to be shaking my groove thing at one of the biggest tattoo and body modification conventions in Southern California. There will be artists on site to meet, answer your questions and also do work, as well as clothing, jewelry and art vendors, contests, live bands and (my favorite- ha ha!) belly dancers. If you'd like to see my swordwork along with tons of other cool stuff, come on down -- and don't be shy about saying hello! For the complete scoop, visit www.bodyartexpo.com and you can read a business story about the show at www.sgvn.com .

As you can see above, there's two photos of me and my dance partner, Zaynah - one at her office Christmas party and the other of us playing with our veils in her dance studio - we always have a great time wherever we are!!

If "the inked" aren't quite your thing, may I suggest an outing to the Old Towne Pub in Pasadena on Saturday? There's going to be a huge show featuring a bevy of local bands - Andrew's Bad Stuff, Aluminum Marshmallow, Cal-West, Old But Not Dead, The Scene and Rick Sarabia and James Parra. Things get going around 8 p.m. and there's a $1 cover charge. All monies from the door wil be donated to the American Red Cross, so this makes the evening extra cool! For Pub info, visit www.oldtownepub.com . And if the pub's still rockin' when the expo closes, I just may make an appearance....

Next on my busy schedule is covering the fashions at the Golden Globe awards on Monday and heading out to Anaheim for the NAMM music trade show, where I'll find the latest goodies and rub elbows with the hottest musicians! woo hoo!!

In rotation this week: Rondellus "Sabattum" (what Black Sabbath would have sounded like during the renaissance), Ken (Alaska's Fiddling Poet) Waldman "Music Party," Sol.iLLoquists of Sound "As If We Existed" and odd tracks here and there of Rob Zombie, Halford and Upground.

Whatever adventure you choose, keep it rockin',

Mickie

No comments: