Friday, May 2, 2008

End o' week musings

This has been a strange and challenging week. Yesterday and today we have been dealing with a major computer malfunction at our newspaper which has forced us to be extra creative in getting our stories out to our readers. But we're hanging in there and doing quite well despite the obstacles in our path...

Last Saturday I headed out to the Renaissance Faire in Irwindale with my family. It was super hot, but we didn't miss important things, like the jousting, the battle, meeting up with old friends and SHOPPING! My mother bought me a new dress and unlike my usual Faire fashion, it's very feminine~ almost fairy princess-like. I'm going to wear it when I go again tomorrow and I'm already wondering what type of reaction I will receive. ... and where I'm going to stash my dagger lol!

Sunday my mother and I traveled out to my friends' house to help them with the home version of "While You Were Out." Husband Tom took his father-in-law out to Long Beach for a few hours while wife Carin, my mom and I went to work. We rearranged the furniture in her dad's cottage, hung up pictures and put out as much of his rock collection and travel trinkets as possible in nice displays. Then we went up to his outside balcony patio and spruced it up with an umbrella for his bistro setting, a couple of loungers and side tables and some pretty pots. We were tired when we finished, but rewarded because we could do something nice to brighten someone's world. ...That and we got to soak in the spa while sipping martinis!

I spent the rest of my week interviewing artists and directors, planning more stories and dancing...

As I said, I have Faire tomorrow, then I will be stopping by my friend Mike Davis' (Dramarama, Halford) house for a party. He told me that Roy Z (Tribe of Gypsies, producer for Rob Halford and Bruce Dickinson) should be there and I can't wait to talk music with him again! But even if he doesn't show, it's going to be a terrific time. Mike is a wonderful chef and always has a table full of delightful dishes and his guests range from musicians and chefs to his neighbors and family, so there is always a good conversation to be had. And Mike, I know the Ducks didn't do so well, but they sure got farther than your precious Kings this year!!

Sunday I will be with Zaynah writing more choreography. I may try to get out to the Cinco de Mayo show at Mr. T's Bowl in Highland Park on Monday and I'm definitely going to the theater to catch "Mamma Mia!" and "Of Mice and Men." It's going to be a whirl!!!

Photos we got 'em: My friend Mike Davis and a few cute pets~ enjoy!

In rotation this week: David Fagan, Tantric, Story of the Year, Night Ranger, Naked Brothers Band, Millencolin, Tenacious D, Tribe of Gypsies and Judas Priest.

Thought of the Week: Jealousy and anger won't change things. Recently I have gone through a very personal situation that stems from my past. And with it, a lot of old feelings have surfaced. I have been feeling a little jealous, but mostly angry because life is unfair. It seems some of us work so hard for so little, while others are handed opportunity no matter what they do or how badly they treat others. This is just the surface of the issue, but it's enough to make my point. Feeling this way is not going make things fair, it's not going to switch things around and it's definitely not healthy, plus it makes you not very nice to be around. Once again, I am reminded to be thankful for the beauty and happiness that is in my life and to find peace in having taken the high road despite how hard it has been. I can sleep at night.... Can you?

Keep on rockin'
Mickie

2 comments:

Ed Mahony said...

What's the story with dog on the surf board in the photo on your post ..

Fairly busy schedule you got on at moment ..

Mickie said...

Hello Eamon!
I found the surfing dog photo at stuffonmymutt.com ~ one of my favorite Web sites. I'm not sure of the story, but it must be interesting... And yes, I am very busy and I love it that way!
Keep on rockin'
Mickie