Friday, February 12, 2010

End o' week musings

I feel like I've been waiting forever for this Saturday! It's the day of the 33rd Occasional Pasadena Doo Dah Queen tryouts and it's a must-go! I love to watch the crazy auditions, catch up with friends, dance to the band and all the other wild, fun things that go on....






Last Saturday I molded chocolates and dipped pretzels in chocolate with my mom. It was a rainy morning, so it was perfect. I made hearts and roses, plus a couple of mummies in coffins just for fun. My mother made hang ten feet, teapots, pigs and roosters.



In the evening I went to Gallery Nucleus in my zombie attire and joined in the walk down Main Street in Alhambra. We growled, we dragged our feet, we stared aimlessly and did just what every good zombie does. At the gallery there was music, refreshments (including a great sangria) and lots of art to look at... ooo and zombies!







The zombies have left, but the exhibit, "Zombies in Love," is still there if you're looking for some romance this weekend...


Sunday I went with my friends Carin, Meagan and Byron to Disneyland and Disney California Adventure. We went on just about all the rides we wished and some we passed and thought, what the heck, plus shopped, ate and looked at all the sights.



After the parks, we went back to Carin's for a hot tub soak complete with martinis and cigars. Ahhh.... I have a good life.


Monday I slept in and then did housework and laundry. In the evening I went to Sydney Overson for my massage. My back feels wonderful again!





The rest of this week was fairly quiet, aside from work. Tomorrow if I can get up early, I plan to catch Murphy's Flaw at 8 a.m. at Strings in Glendora, then it's Doo Dah and I have another party after that if I feel up to it. Sunday my special guy and I are planning to get together. From there, we'll see what other adventures the week holds.










In rotation this week: Jeff Bayless, Joe Walla, Tom Petty and Age of Evil.






Photos we got 'em: Cats from Icanhascheezburger.com, a peacock/rooster from my friend Jill Berry at the Arboretum and some candy hearts just for you!






Thought o' the week: I'm in love with being in love. It's such a good feeling when you wake up in the morning and everything is right in the world. My back feels great, my bills are paid, I have wonderful friends and some fun things to do.


Being in love doesn't just apply to having adoration for a special someone, it can mean just having a love for life and all it has to offer. Yes, I have problems just like everyone else, but I try to look on the sunny, happier side of things and be optimistic as possible.


Want to know my biggest secret to inner happiness? Spread it around. My feelings today are bubbling over in a bright smile and cheery hello to my co-workers. Of course the tray of candy I've brought in doesn't hurt. But being nice comes back, especially when you need it most. And if that doesn't make you feel good, try wearing sexy underwear~ works for me ha ha!


Fall in love with being in love and give at least a little of your heart away today and as often as possible.


Keep on rockin'
Mickie

No comments: