Saturday, October 23rd, 2010 9:30 am – 2:30 pm
5TH Annual Healthy Neighborhood Festival, a free block party for the downtown community and beyond celebrating nutrition, fitness and a healthy lifestyle through a variety of activities, performances, and free health screenings throughout the day.
· This free event for all ages will introduce the festival-goers to contemporary health issues by providing individuals and families with information, resources, and the inspiration to make healthier choices.
· Interactive dance, kick-boxing, karate classes and more will get everyone on their feet.
· Free medical screenings (vision, hearing, blood sugar, cholesterol, and dental) and health-related information.
· Community organizations and businesses will be on-hand to introduce participants to local resources complementing healthy lifestyle.
· Climb the rock wall, participate in a relay race, or take a cooking class.
Main Street, Downtown Los Angeles, in front of The California Endowment
1000 N. Alameda St.,
Los Angeles, 90012
Convenient free parking in adjacent lot
Gold, Red and Blue lines at Union Station
800 N. Alameda St.
Sponsored by The California Endowment, Center for Healthy Communities http://www.calendow.org/healthyneighborhoodfest
and produced by Community Arts Resources (CARS) http://www.carsla.net