Monday, March 12, 2012

Craig Pomranz in LA April 20 and 21

CRAIG POMRANZ

WHEN: TWO SHOWS ONLY!
Friday April 20 at 9:00 PM/ Saturday April 21 at 9:00 PM

WHERE: The Gardenia Restaurant & Lounge
7066 Santa Monica Blvd. (corner of La Brea and Santa Monica)

RESERVATIONS – 323 467 7444

Dinner served from 7:00PM


Craig Pomranz sings in many voices, all quite good. He has a remarkable vocal range that ranges from falsetto to a very robust baritone. He uses all of his voices appropriately in this new show. The show opens with These Foolish Things followed by a beautifully slow tempo performance of Neil Sedaka’s Breaking Up is Hard to Do. Pomranz shows off his falsetto voice in My Eyes Adored You and his gift for writing very funny lyrics with his updated version of an obscure Cole Porter song Nobody’s Chasing Me. The medley of I Guess I’ll Hang my Tears Out to Dry and It Never Entered My Mind is quite moving. The show ends on an optimistic note with the Gershwin’s Love Walked In. His encore number, Peggy Lee’s I Love Being Here With You, very well describes Craig Pomranz’ demeanor on stage.

Craig Pomranz is a performer that is always a must see, for me, whenever he appears in New York. Craig will have one more appearance at the Metropolitan Room 34 West 22nd Street on Wednesday evening March 14 at 9:30 PM, before taking this show to California.

No comments: