Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Songstress Naama Kates seeks backing for album

Hey now.

So-- I'm writing you now because, I KNOW you, and I may have spoken to you just a moment ago, or it may have been a while, and you may have heard this before, or you may have not-- but somehow you guys are friends.... and I wanted to reach out personally... I know this seems ridiculous in light of some of the things going on in the country right now, and I know we're all in financial hardship.. but.. well.. what better time to ask?  Is there any good time to ask?  

Basically I've been working on music for the last several years... I finished and released my first record last and I'm really proud of it; my producer was amazing and I had backing-- and I just finished my second-- which I produced all by myself and thus am paying for it all out of pocket... Yikes!  It's been awesome... BUT... though I know, it's most likely I will end up waitressing until I drop dead (or tutoring, which is what I'm doing now, and a LOT of it, to cover some of these expenses) I'd like to still give it a shot... 

So:

Please check this out when you have a moment:  http://www.indiegogo.com/naamakates?a=1674909

Please!  It's a crowd-funding website and I'm trying to raise money for a proper PR campaign for this record so I have a snowflake's chance in hell with it!  It's obscenely expensive but broken down like this-- if 100 people gave 39 dollars, it would be covered... makes it seem possible. 

So please, please, please check it out-- you can give as much or as little as you want; you can be completely anonymous, or completely public, in which case I will make sure to blast the internet with your works as well :-)  Even a dollar would help.  Seriously.  For morale.

If you're interested in my music and want to check it out, there's some stuff on the site-- or you can just write me back here; this is my personal email as you all know....

Hope everyone's got their power on!!!!!!

Love
N

And THANK YOU.

www.naamakates.com 

No comments: