Monday, June 2, 2008

Charles Hamilton's mixtape out soon

With his self-produced mixtape Outside Looking hosted by Green Lantern dropping early next week, praise from the likes of Pharrell and Eminem and a forthcoming album via Interscope later this year, Charles Hamilton is a name you need to know.

Jimmy Iovine’s newest signee produces and writes all of his own music and plays multiple instruments at the young age of 20.

Just as Athena sprung forth from Zeus’s head, Charles Hamilton was given birth by Sonic the Hedgehog. Sonic buries himself into sound, putting him through different zones and mind states. The sound dictates the zone itself. Sonic is faster than the sound, so he can never lose or die, as long as he follows the truest sound, his heart. Part mythical character, part artist- Charles Hamilton’s existence is guided by and solely dedicated to music in order to sustain life.

“If tomorrow I get dropped from my label, I'm not going back to a comfortable apartment. I'm homeless, again. I abandoned a negative lifestyle to achieve happiness in music. I'm watching my dreams unfold right in front of me, in my own zone. Reality, or as I call it, ‘The Lavalamp Zone.’” he recently posted on his blog- www.iamnotcharleshamilton.com.

The name Charles Hamilton is the newest breed of sonic sound and energy- a creative force from another universe that will be buzzing in your head for months to come.His blog is updated daily with his sonic philosophy at www.iamnotcharleshamilton.com and you can get a taste of the mixtape Outside Looking at http://www.myspace.com/hamiltonsmusic.

No comments: