Friday, June 6, 2008

End o' week musings

I like it that the weather is heating up. Long sunny days with twinkly twillights make for perfect rides in my convertible~ with the top down of course.

Last Saturday I got to take advantage of the nice days. My friend John invited me for a ride on his Harley and we went out to the European Renaissance Festival in Corona. He took the back roads through Chino where we could see (and smell!) the cows, goats and horses. It was fun going along the winding turns. Once there we enjoyed the various shows, including jousting and a fire-eating juggler, ate and drank and were merry. On the way back John took the freeway, which was exhilirating in its own way, but not as delightful...

Sunday I met my mother and brother for brunch and then joined my friend and his son for a rousing round of mini-golf. I didn't win, but I did give the boyz a run for their money... errr.. sundaes. Yes, we finished our bout with a round of ice cream. Ah, life is good!

This week I've been really burning the candle for work with lots of late nights, although Wednesday was a mix of biz and pleasure. I attended the grand opening of the patio at Red White + Bluezz in Pasadena. There was wine tasting and a great jazz group. If you like jazz, this is the place to go- they have something every night, including a jam on Thursdays. There's no cover charge, but don't be cheap, check out their yummy menu and wine selections. I'm sure there will be something there for you.

Tomorrow I am dancing at Santa Anita Park... Oh, getting ahead of myself- here's the skinny:

MECDA's Belly Dance Carnival
Event: 11:30 a.m.-8 p.m. Saturday, June 7 and 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Sunday, June 8
My performance: 2:50 p.m. Saturday
Gypsy Camp stage

Santa Anita Park (Racetrack)
285 W. Huntington Drive
Arcadia
$17 adults and $7 seniors and children 12 and under

In addition to me, there will be two stages of continuous dancing, live music, shopping, food and more!


and in two weeks, my dog Atticus and I will be here:

Mount Lowe Excursion - History Hike
Saturday, June 21, 8:30 am

Join Museum staff, along with curator and historian Michael Patris, for a special morning hike to view parts of the historic Mount Lowe Railway route. Pack a picnic lunch, put on your hiking garb, and get ready to experience some of the wonders that attracted visitors to our local mountains over one hundred years ago.
The hike will be approximately three miles long on moderate terrain. We will meet at the Pasadena Museum of History parking lot ( 470 W. Walnut St., Pasadena) at 8:30 am sharp, and then we will caravan to our destination. Car-pooling is encouraged. The Museum will provide beverages. Hats and sunscreen are recommended.
For extra fun bring along a portable musical instrument and help us celebrate Make Music Pasadena.

Tickets: $12 Members; $15 Non-Members.
Reservations recommended.
Please call 626.577.1660, ext. 10.
I hope to see you at one or both of these fun events!
Photos we got 'em: Just a couple of cute pet photos this week to end things on a happy note.
In rotation this week: Another Black Day (rockin' good), Everlast (I am sooo digging this right now), Testament, Joe Walla, Judas Priest, the Randies and Brides of Destruction.
Thought of the week: Let your hair down! It's good to be a little uncomfortable once in a while. By this I mean allowing yourself to be daring, silly or anything out of your normal behavior and personality. Don't be so daring that you put yourself in danger or so silly that you put yourself in an embarrassing position that you'll never live down, but reach out beyond that comfort zone and try something different... you might find you like it!
Keep on rockin'
Mickie


No comments: