Friday, July 25, 2008

End o' week musings







Yeah, yeah, it's been two weeks, but I took a small and much-needed vacation. Just before I left I interviewed Eric Peterson of Testament and am now fully charged up about the Masters of Metal tour!

Last Friday I spent my afternoon soaking in my friend's pool and sipping martinis. The weather was perfect.
Saturday I managed to sneak in my yoga class and a few errands before heading out to Pasadena Heritage's Colorado Bridge Street Party. Donning comfortable duds and my Doo Dah crown, I was flanked by Princess Valerie and Sir Ben McGinty Knight of the Arts. We wandered through the crowd, stopping for the paparazzi and other fans. We even managed to catch peformances by Aluminum Marshmallow and the Age of Aquarius Horns, Mercy and the Merkettes, Wreck N Sow, Snotty Scotty and the Hankies, Flattop Tom and more. The food was good too!


Sunday I headed out to Leo Carillo State Park with my friend, his son and Atticus. We enjoyed the afternoon at the beach before setting up camp. We cooked hot dogs and s'mores, took a flashlight hike and told bad ghost stories. In the morning, we were back at the beach for Frisbee fetch, plenty of splashing and some sand fort building. I always recommend this spot as a great outing, especially if you only have a couple of days to get away.

On Wednesday I went with my friends to Catalina. All that beautiful clear water and I was the only one brave enough to get my toes in the sand! We spent the bulk of our time taking a leisurely stroll through Avalon, which was refreshing.


Coming up on Friday, August 1, you can find Zaynah and me dancing during 1st Friday Art Club at
McGinty's Gallery at the End of the World
2475 N. Lake Ave.
Altadena
7 p.m.-1 a.m.
$5
There will be a group show by more than 25 artists, performances by the Sundowners and Almase Arabesque, plus special guest Ric Sarabia.
This weekend I have too many opportunities and not enough motivation. I want to go out and have fun, but then I kinda just want to hole up and hide from everything. Guess those afternoon naps spoiled me!
Photos we got 'em: Hope you enjoy this photo of Atticus snoozing after a long game of Frisbee fetch at Leo Carillo beach, as well as a snap of my friend Bill Cagle and his son Chris at the Football Hall of Fame (thanks for sharing Bill!). And then there's my usual cool pet photos, plus a nice fireworks shot taken by Valerie at the Rose Bowl on the Fourth of July.

In rotation this week: Judas Priest, Testament, Bjork, Tom Petty, Beat Union and Fuji Minx.
Thought of the week: Take a break. I really needed a rest away from everything and I'm sure it wouldn't hurt you either. Even if it's just an afternoon lounging in your backyard (or living room), not answering the phone or e-mail and just being quiet and lazy. It will recharge your body, mind and spirit. Too busy? Consider a power nap! Even 20-45 minutes will revive you and bring back your smile.


Keep on rockin'
Mickie

2 comments:

Gv said...

Love this blog. I think I WILL go take a power nap now! xo Gv

Mickie said...

Thank you rocker grrrlfriend! Better power up for a busy weekend.
Luv ya,
Mickie