Thursday, July 24, 2008

Seeking lost dog

This is Dave the Dogman, the rescuer. Yesterday I obtained a female bassett hound that I brought to Claremont Pooch Park in the evening.

Another park user agreed to watch her for the night. At 1 AM, she telephoned me and told me I had to pick the dog up at 7 PM.At 6:35 AM, I phoned her and told her I would be there at 7 AM. She told me to meet her at the park.

I arrived at 7 AM but neither she or the dog were in sight. At 7:20 AM I went to her house and asked her what was up. She told me that at 6:35 AM when I called, she brought the bassett hound to the dog park and LEFT HER THERE UNSUPERVISED. Of course she was gone when I arrived at 7 AM.

Hopefully, she was taken by a park user who believed she was abandoned. I put a note on the bulletin board, and, of course, I'll be at the park at 6:30 AM. I contacted the Claremont Police and the Inland Valley Humane Society but they have had no reports.

Could you send a query out to the list members to discover if someone on the list took her or saw anything?

Thanks.
Dave Null
909-538-1524
mutt.rescue@gmail.com

No comments: