Friday, August 22, 2008

End o' week musings


Here it is, another week wrapping up and bringing us closer to the end of summer... although it is bringing me closer to my birthday, so I guess that's not all bad.

What have I been doing? Lots!

Last Friday I caught The Sub at the Dockside in West Covina. They surprised me with a lot of new repertoire and sounded great as always. They were in good spirits too, which is just what I needed after attending G-Man's memorial earlier in the day. I was in a reflective mood, so some levity was a good thing.

Saturday I went to the Aquarium of the Pacific. I love that place! I enjoyed looking at all the creatures, especially the rays, the octopi and the puffers. I dressed with care in the morning, changing my mind from a white t-shirt to a black one, just in case I got wet. It was a good decision...



I was at the petting pool stroking the head of a friendly ray. His skin felt velvety and he looked up at me (at least I think he was looking at me) as he hung out by the side of the pool. Then the trainer said for us to take our hands out of the tank, as they were going to feed the rays. I did and the little guy wasn't too pleased-- he turned and used his "wings" to splash me! I was soaked from my head to my toes! Then he looked back at me as if he was laughing....



The rest of my week was devoted to dance and vocal practices. A friend of mine has asked me to sing on his album, so I'm getting my voice in shape. I sing every day normally, but I'm doing an extra bit of working it now.

Tomorrow I am going to visit with Bluebeard and, later, The Safety Girls (read my story about them at http://www.sgvn.com/ ) . On Sunday, I'll be belly dancing at a party.

In rotation this week: Tom Petty, Orange Sky, Offspring, Kittie, Valencia Vas, Sound and Fury and Heavy Mojo.

Photos we got 'em: Just a couple of pet pics that made me smile.


Thought of the week: Learn to defuse. I am having a stressful patch this week with way too many story assignments and way too few hours in my days. I was tossing and turning last night over this and today I am thinking of ways to ease my mind. I may sneak in the office for a few hours tomorrow, when there's less distractions, to get ahead. More importantly, though, I'm going to push any worries out of my head over the weekend and enjoy my outings. I may even have a drink or two (no getting behind the wheel fuzzy here though). I've been trying to take a little extra care of myself too, making sure to take my time when I do my yoga and relaxing in the tub with a nice candle burning and a cold drink. Also, I've been trying to laugh more-- that's always good for the soul. Breathe in, breathe deep, and let everything go as you breathe out... mmmm... all will soon be right again in My World.

Keep on rockin'
Mickie

No comments: