Friday, December 19, 2008

Bernie Pearl update

From Bernie Pearl:

Hi:

I thought I'd give you a heads up on what's coming in early 2009, before the Holiday rush. I'm very excited.

First, let me thank Joel Okida of FolkWorks for naming the release "Old School Blues, Acoustic/Electric" one of his Top 10 music events of 2008, and his favorite blues release of the year. And, lest I forget, happy holidays and hopes for a brighter future.

On Saturday, January 10 I'll be back at Iva Lee's with piano master Dwayne Smith. 6:30-10:00. 555 S. El Camino Real, San Clemente. (949) 361-2855. Treat yourself to a night out at a great restaurant, and the blues to boot!

On February 5-7 I'll be in Memphis at the International Blues Challenge, judging, and enjoying meeting blues movers and shakers from around the world. More info. at www.blues.org

The following weekend, February 13-16 I'll be participating in a Jewish Community Conference called LimmudLA, where I have been asked to present a workshop on my life in the Blues. You can bet I'll be playing more than talking. The event is open to conference attendees only. If you're interested, visit www.LimmudLA.org, or call (310) 499-1787. Held at the Hilton Hotel, Costa Mesa.

On Saturday, February 28 I'll be in concert at Boulevard Music, with Mike Barry on bass. Doors open 7:30, concert at 8:00. 4316 Sepulveda Blvd., Culver City. $15. (310) 398-2583. A wonderful place to enjoy music.

Saturday, March 7, another Poetry and Blues extravaganza. This time at Beyond Baroque, featuring my brother, Sherman Pearl, and poetess Imani Tolliver, with yours truly and bassist Mike Barry supporting the readers and playing a short set of our own to open. Both highly regarded poets are published and will be offering their books for sale. Last August's poetry and blues drew an overflow house at the Santa Monica Public Library. 7:30, Beyond Baroque, 681 Venice Blvd., L.A. $7 General, $5 Seniors & Students. (310) 822-3006, www.beyondbaroque.org.

No comments: