Friday, February 13, 2009

End o' week musings
















It's been a long week!! And I'll get straight to it.

Late on Friday I got a call from my friend Angela inviting me to join her at First Cabin in Arcadia. Of course I went. Pat O'Brien and the Priests of Love were whipping out their rock/blues covers and I spent quite a bit of time on the dance floor.

Saturday found me up super early for yoga, then shopping with my mom and later attending a memorial for my landlord who passed away last month. The rest of the day - and weekend - I stayed close to home and out of the rain.



The rest of the week was quiet except for going to Route 66 Roadhouse in Duarte last night for a Nightlife column. I like that club quite a bit. The drink prices are really great, the food is good and there's never a cover. There's entertainment almost every night with live music three nights a week. Last night was the blues jam and it's amazing how many talented musicians come out to play. I had a good time listening and shakin' my groove thing.



Today I interviewed two cool musicians- Annie Moscow http://www.anniemoscow.com/ and Billy Webb http://www.billywebbband.com/ Both will be playing out here soon.


Tomorrow is yoga in the morning and the Horropops at night. I'm sooo excited to get to see one of my favorite bands live again!! I just can't get enough of Patricia Day-- she is to be admired, a strong, smart, sassy, sexy woman who knows how to write a song!

Next week I will celebrate my friend Vernor's birthday. We have a tradition of going to BJ's for a pizookie every six months (close to or on our birthdays) and the non-brithday person treats. For the uninformed, a pizookie is a big cookie that is heated and served with vanilla ice cream on top- yummy!!

I am planning to catch Joe Walla when he plays at Paladino's on the 20th and hopefully Vin Fizz Flyer at Strings on the 21st. Then I'll be packing my bags for a nice vacation-- more on that next week.


In rotation this week: Orange Sky, Marcy Playground, Joe Walla, Annie Moscow and Horrorpops.


Photos we got 'em: Here's a couple of photos of me and my friend Karla at my brother's wedding reception-- check out my hair! Valerie did it for me in the style requested by the bride, I can't believe she tamed my big wild curls!! Also a photo of a Koala who found a cool spot to soak when the temps were up in Australia and a few other cute pet pics I came across on the Web.


Thought of the day: Love. Yeah, yeah, I know, it's so Valentine's Day, but any reason is good enough as there just doesn't seem to be enough of it around. My friends probably think I'm a bit weird when I tell them I love them, yet there's a backstory to this.


Years ago I had to have surgery and going in, my surgeon suspected cancer. I was also experiencing problems with my blood pressure at the time, so it was risky and scary. It turned out to be negative and everything came out OK. It also taught me a valuable lesson-- life is too short.

I don't want to have any regrets, including not telling someone how important they are to me. I don't care if it makes them feel uncomfortable and I don't expect them to declare their feelings for me back. I just need to do what gives me peace and so I always say how I feel.

Is there someone special to you who you haven't told how you feel? What if something happened and they never knew how important they were to you? Think on that a while. I hope it encourages you to share the love-- the world will be a much better place if you do.

Keep on rockin'
Mickie










No comments: