Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Jack's Mannequin postponed tour dates

American tour dates for JACK’S MANNEQUIN, announced just last week have been postponed due to changes in the schedule. Singer/songwriter/pianist Andrew McMahon would like to extend this message of apology to fans:

"It is with sincere disappointment that I announce the partial rescheduling of dates for the upcoming Farther From Earth Tour. Postponing shows is something I hate to do, but when Jack’s received a last minute offer for a summer tour it was agreed that the opportunity justified the rearranging. The new plan will have us playing one month of the already scheduled Farther From Earth dates in April and May, followed by a two-month summer run with The Fray. We will then close out the fall with the rescheduled headlining shows we couldn’t play on the 1st leg."

"When talk of The Fray tour first surfaced I was very interested but had not wanted to reschedule shows due to the fact that we had already begun a ticket presale for the headlining tour. Still, the gravity of what we would be passing up quickly sunk in when I learned the specifics of what was being offered. I’m sure it is no surprise to anyone here that a large part of what I love about playing live music is the opportunity to reach new people with my songs. Aside from this tour providing such an opportunity, The Fray and their camp have been incredibly generous in offering us a 60 minute set. Knowing our fans would get an hour of music compared to most support slots that tend to offer much less gave me solace in the midst of a difficult decision. Ultimately, I feel this is a best of both worlds’ scenario for both Jack’s and our fans. We will now have two chances to play in the U.S. and Canada before the year ends. One will place us in some of the most beautiful theatres in North America for our first full-scale headlining run since 07. The other will find us in my favorite of all concert environments; summertime, watching the sun set from the stage."

"I understand that there are people who will be upset by the postponed shows and to all of you I am very sorry. I can only ask for your understanding. Those of you who have purchased tickets during the presale for shows that are now postponed, will be refunded in the next 7 – 10 business days and we are working out a couple of fan appreciation ideas, to try and make up for the confusion and any frustration it has caused. Obvious disappointments aside, I must say I am looking forward to the additional time on the road and am hopeful for an inspiring year of shows. Thank you for listening everyone and we hope to see you out there."

Andrew

No comments: