SONGSALIVE! LOS ANGELES SONG CRITIQUE WORKSHOP WITH GUEST SPEAKER ELISABETH HOWARD
A special Songwriting Craft and Critique Workshop followed by a Guest Speaker for SINGERS and Songwriters WHO SING (or would like to SING)
Song critique session first half, followed by Guest Speaker: ELISABETH HOWARD - TOPIC: "Sing with Vocal Power for Singer/Songwriters" See bio below.
Songsalive! holds workshops where songwriters gather to share their songs, gain feedback and develop relationships within the songwriting communities we have created around the world. The first half is solely dedicated to an in-the-round workshop where writers present one song each - either on tape, CD or live followed by a guest speaker/ industry discussion in the second half and plenty of time to talk and network.
Moderated by Paul Lawrence Moyer.
Sunday, February 15, 2009
Starts 12:00 pm SHARP. Ends at 3 pm. Please be on time.
THE FINNISH CENTER
10701 Magnolia Blvd.
North Hollywood, CA 91601
Just East of Vineland
$5 for non-members, free to Songsalive! members.
You can join Songsalive! to participate in the workshops at
Pre-registrations helpful but not necessary. Register your attendance through our Meetup group at
or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
NEW RULES FOR SONG CRITIQUES AT OUR WORKSHOPS
1. Must be on time - 15 minutes after the start time is too late to be considered for a song critique.
2. Current financial members get priority. Non-members can present once all members who want to present have been accounted for.
3. First timers can sit, watch, listen and give critique, but not present a song.
4. Non-members pay only $5 to come; free to members (keep your membership current by logging into your profile at www.songsalive.org)
5. We are no longer doing first come first serve, but rather pulling numbers out of a hat. This will keep it fair. However, you need to arrive early/on time to be considered to present a song.
6. Read the workshop rules at www.songsalive.org/workshops and download a PDF flyer on how to give and receive critique.
7. Come prepared! 1 song either on tape, CD or live (bring own guitar or keyboard for an unplugged performance) and up to 20 copies of your typed lyric sheet with contact details clearly displayed.
8. Come with writing paper and a pen.
ELISABETH HOWARD is an internationally known vocal coach in ten countries and 27 cities. She has worked with STING and was vocal coach to “The Police” for their 2007 Reunion Tour. Elisabeth had a publishing deal as singer-songwriter with MCA Music in the 70’s. Her “Born to Sing” DVD, her CDs and book, SING! and her “ABC’s of Vocal Harmony” CDs and book is distributed exclusively by Alfred Publishing and is now in Italian and Portuguese. Liz is on the faculty at Pepperdine University and is founder of the Vocal Power Academy in Los Angeles with Vocal Power Associates throughout Los Angeles. Liz holds a B.S. and M.S. in voice from the Juilliard School.
"Sing with Vocal Power for Singer/Songwriters"
All Songsalive! speakers biographies can be read at
Join our email list and discussion groups at www.songsalive.org/community
Be reminded of this event by joining eNotes discussion group on that link.
For information on this event and more in Southern California go to: www.songsalive.org/losangeles
Songsalive! is a non-profit organization dedicated to the nurturing, support and promotion of songwriters and composers worldwide.
For Songsalive! information, media and membership inquiries (not Workshop inquiries, use contact above) call head office at 800-871-901 2 Extension 73615# or Email email@example.com
http://www.songsalive.org/losangeles for local events