Thursday, February 19, 2009

Final "Marty's Corner" taping at KCAT

The LAST Marty's Corner from KCAT.

This Saturday February 21st at 8pm will be the final Marty's Corner from KCAT Channel 3 in Hacienda Heights.

Guests will include...

--Good friend of the show, Comedian Tom Riehl: www.myspace.com/tomriehl

--Comedy troupe, Atomic Bomb Comedy: www.myspace.com/theabcpage

--Rock Band, Mississippi Man: www.myspace.com/mississippimanmusic

----Plus we have more guests that we will announced soon.

Come be part of the studio Audience one last time...

KCAT
316433 Wedgeworth Dr.
Hacienda Heights, CA91745

About 2 weeks ago, the KCAT Board of Directors voted to close TV Station KCAT Channel 3. The station has served the cities of Hacienda Heights, City of Industry, Valinda, La Puente, Bassett, Avocado Heights, North Whittier and South Whittier for over twenty years. Marty's Corner has been fortunate to be apart of this amazing Community resource. And Marty's Corner isn't the only program that will be missing from KCAT's playback list... The Hacienda Heights 4th of July Parade, Concerts in the park, the Industry Pro Rodeo and so many more community made TV shows.

On a personal note, I have interned, worked, and volunteered hours upon hours to this TV station for the last 13 years, and I wouldn't have had it any other way. KCAT is my Club House, my safe haven, and my second home. I'm going to miss the place.

-- One door closes, Others will open up.

Click here to watch a fun video
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=52530112

John Garside
Director: Marty's Corner.

1 comment:

Scott Shimamoto said...

Hey Mickie,

I was on Marty's Corner a couple of times as RAKAMOTO when I was rapping..

I hope they find a great new studio!

Scott Shimamoto