Thursday, January 3, 2013

Dave Morrison in Altadena Jan. 11

Happy New Year Everybody,

I will be at Coffee Gallery Backstage in Altadena a week from tomorrow. This is an important gig. I usually don't plead with you all to come see me, but I'm breaking that rule just this once. We're shooting video for a more concerted promotional effort. I'm kind of sick of being an unknown best-kept-secret kind of guy. It's time to step up.

So I will be there with my band ... Greg Krueger on stringed things (mandolin Dobro, guitar), Legendary bassist, Chad Watson, and our new addition, the wonderful Annie Boxell on backing vocals. Ron Sarfatywill be shooting the video with three cameras (I think).

Annie will be opening the show with her own combo, Tony Carafone on guitar and percussion wizard,Steve Reid. Annie, of course, will be playing piano and singing her own great songs.

If you have not yet met Annie B., you'll fall in love with her. We all have. She's great fun. 

Friday, January 11
Show starts at 8pm (get there at 7:30 if possible)
It's $15, and reservations are strongly suggested(626 798 6236)
The venue is at 2029 N. Lake Av. in Altadena.

The Coffee Gallery Backstage is one of the best listening rooms in Southern California. It's a great sounding room, with professional lighting and a great look to the stage. The best touring acts all play the CGBS when they're in town. I haven't played there in a while, and would really like to fill the joint. Bring a friend. It'll be a special night. I might even dress up a little. Maybe.

Get off the 210 freeway on Lake Av. in Pasadena and head north toward the mountains. It's about a mile and a half. When you pass New York Av. (Arco Station), look for the Coffee Gallery on your left at the corner of Lake and Morada. It's the second street on your left. The 'Backstage' is all the way in the back and through the door on your left.

Looking forward to seeing you.

Love, Dave

No comments: