Friday, January 11, 2013

Support local music with Sierra Madre Sue

FIRST - just a friendly reminder that SNOTTY SCOTTY & THE HANKIES are playing @ the BUCCANEER this Saturday 1/12 at 9pm in celebration of the Old Goat's Birthday! There will be snacks, party favors and yes - Fabulous Prizes!  Don't miss it.  You never know when he'll retire and be put out to pasture.... baaaaaa!
70 W. Sierra Madre Blvd. 626-355-9045

SECOND - see the attached flyer for Jorge Mena and MJ Squared playing @ Colombo's Steakhouse in Eagle Rock the same night.  Yes -  you CAN do both, just watch out for the coppers in between or get a designated driver/taxi.

THIRD - I forgot to mention in my previous email the "SECOND SUNDAY 80's RELAX with D.J. DEEEE" at the turntable @ the Buccaneer this Sunday 1/13, 9-11pm.  It may be moving to a different night next month, but I'll keep you posted.

FOURTH & FOREMOST - I AM SOOOOOOOO HAPPY & EXCITED TO ANNOUNCE THAT T. BOYLE'S SPORTS GRILL IN SIERRA MADRE (where Cafe 322 used to be) IS UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT AND IS STARTING TO HAVE LIVE MUSIC!!!!!  THREE CHEERS FOR TROY BOYLE OF THE PASADENA LOCATION, WHO IS ALSO MAKING SOME CHANGES TO THE MENU, BRINGING IN A JUKE BOX AND POOL TABLE, AND KICKING THE STAFF IN THE BUTT!  and the first band to be booked are my Bluegrass buddies WRECK 'N' SOW - next FRIDAY, 1/18 - 8pm.  I already warned Troy that we're going to pack the place, so help me keep my word!  This is BIG NEWS people!

over and out.
SMSue

P.S. if you haven't seen the Doo Dah exhibit at the Pasadena Museum of History - this weekend is your last chance, as it closes after Sunday 1/13.  It will be sad to take it down, but I can't wait to get my furniture & stuff back!

No comments: