Friday, January 25, 2008

End o' week musings

By rights I should be tired today, but I'm actually fairly well-rested and in a happy mood. My week has been full of music and fun.

Last Friday I had taken a sec to update my blog before heading out to my appearance on the cable television show, "Horror Kung Fu Theater." There, I donned the outfit I wore when I garnered my crown as Queen of the 31st Occasional Pasadena Doo Dah Parade. I was briefly interviewed and later I danced with my swords.

As soon as the show was over, I did a quick-change and hit the road to Anaheim for my next installment of NAMM, the International Music Merchants Association trade show. I spent the remainder of Friday and all of Saturday there, looking for stories, making video reports for the SGVN Web site and more.

The most exciting and unusual person I met was Eric Idle of "Monty Python's Flying Circus" fame. He was there with his guitar maker Danny Farrington. Farrington is also noted for creating the guitar that Keith Richards played in the "Pirates of the Caribbean" film. Idle was extremely nice and even suggested that I pose with him for a photo!

I also had the opportunity to try out Guitar Hero and it was fun. I'm not very good at video games, but I caught on pretty quick and wouldn't mind playing it again.

Sunday was my big day- the 31st Occasional Pasadena Doo Dah Parade. It was one of the best days of my life. But for the story you'll have to visit my other blog, Diary of a Doo Dah Queen, at www.insidesocal.com/doodah There's lots of photos too, plus more on the way.

The rest of the week was spent catching up on my life. This morning, however, was worth getting up early for, as I interviewed Melina, one of the World Wrestling Entertainment stars. She was smart, perky, funny and sweet. We were to discuss the album, "Raw," which features theme songs for many WWE athletes, which we did, but I also learned about her support of "Ultimate Quinceanera," a contest for girls to win a big party with all the extras.

Tomorrow I have a hot date with exercise- returning to my new kick-your-butt class followed by yoga. Sunday, I have been invited to the Robert Burns celebration at Beckham Grill in Pasadena complete with bagpipers and haggis. From there, I'll see what adventures I can find.

Photos we got 'em- enjoy one "teaser" photo of me with my dog, Atticus, and my friend, Joanne at Memorial Park in Pasadena right before the Doo Dah Parade (I told you to visit Diary of a Doo Dah Queen), plus a couple of cute pet pics.

In rotation this week: Lamarque Street, Sons of the Never Wrong, High on Fire, Orange Sky, Nuzee, Seven Mary Three, Eric Davenport and "Raw: Greatest Hits, The Music."

Thought of the week: Keep a happy buzz going. No, I don't mean some kind of alcohol or drug induced haze, I mean a high-on-life feeling. I could have felt down and a little sad Monday and this week, after all, my life has been building to last weekend for two months. But instead, I am still on that wave of everything is sparkly and fresh and what more can I find to explore and do? What other adventures are ahead? I feel renewed and truly grateful for all the opportunities I have received through this time and cannot wait to see what's next!

Keep on rockin'
Mickie

No comments: