Friday, August 15, 2008

End o' week musings


It's been a long week because I knew how it would end. Today I attended a memorial for my friend, Robert "The G-Man" Shields. He was a comedian, a poet, an artist and much more. You can learn about him at http://www.robertthegmanshields.com/ To read more about my feelings on his passing and a memory or two, please visit my other blog, Diary of a Doo Dah Queen at www.insidesocal.com/doodah



My standup routine at the Joke Gym in Arcadia went well. The crowd was friendly and seemed receptive, but it's not something I'm in a hurry to do again!

The rest of my week has been busy with dance rehearsals. We're choreographing a new number which we hope to have ready for our performance at the Los Angeles County Fair on Sept. 13. I'll keep you posted.


Next week more of the same is in store for me, although I will get to sit in on a Bluebeard rehearsal, which should be fun. Bluebeard is a old rock band that has come back together and they're doing quite well. Their recent release is rockin' and their shows are full of energy and great tunes.


Photos we got 'em: Just a couple of pet pictures for you and an old photo from when Zaynah and I danced at the Body Art Expo in Pomona a few years ago that I thought might make someone smile.


In rotation this week: 69 Eyes, Orange Sky, Tom Petty, Sound and Fury, Civet, Judas Priest, Testament and The Safety Girls.



Thought of the week: Only fitting that I should remind you to be good to others. Tell people - even better, show them - how you feel about them. No one promises tomorrow....

Keep on rockin'
Mickie




No comments: