NEW EXHIBIT SALUTING THE 60TH ANNIVERSARY OF NASCAR TO OPEN AT WALLY PARKS NHRA MOTORSPORTS MUSEUM, AUG. 6
WHEN: Wednesday, August 6, 2008
WHAT: New exhibit celebrating the 60th anniversary of NASCAR opens August 6, 2008 and continues through February 28, 2009 at the Wally Parks NHRA Motorsports Museum, presented by the Automobile Club of Southern California. The August 6th opening is in conjunction with the Museum's monthly Prolong® Twilight Cruise Night. Among the cars on display will be Dale Earnhardt's famous #3 Monte Carlo that raced at Daytona. Below are the cars that will be featured:
- '98 original Dale Earnhardt Sr. (The Intimidator) No. 3 Chevrolet Monte Carlo. Owner: Gary Schroeder, Schroeder Racing Products.
- '39 Ford (recreation by Justice Bros.) built by Red Vogt and driven by Red Byron. Owner: Justice Brothers.
- '57 Chevrolet "Black Widow" driven by Buck Baker: Owner: Fred Boden.
- '69 Mercury Cyclone #21 driven by Cale Yarborough. Owner: Ralph Whitworth, America's Car Collection.
- '06 Dodge Charger driven by Mike Bliss. Owner: Russ Wicks.
- '51 Hudson Hornet recreation of Smokey Yunick #6 driven by Marshall Teague. Owner: Ivan Zaremba.
- '66 Ford Galaxie driven by Junior Johnson (The "Banana Car"). Owner: Vic Edelbrock.
- '70 Dodge Daytona #6 driven by Cotton Owens/Buddy Baker. Owner: Ralph Whitworth, America's Car Collection
- NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Toyota Camry. In 2007, this car was used to debut the Toyota brand as a new manufacturer to the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series.
- NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series Toyota Tundra driven by Todd Bodine of Germain Racing. Bodine won the 2006 Driver's Championship, leading the way for Toyota to capture the 2006 Manufacturer's Championship.
ALSO: The Museum's monthly Prolong® Twilight Cruise Night takes place later that afternoon from 4 p.m.-7, p.m. featuring hundreds of colorful hot rods, street rods, muscle cars and classics. A true Southern California family-fun event.
WHERE: Wally Parks NHRA Motorsports Museum, presented by the Automobile Club of So. Calif.
1101 W. McKinley Ave.
Pomona, Calif. 91768