Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Isaac Hayes' publicist shares thoughts on his passing

From Isaac Hayes' publicist:

Greetings MEDIA FAMILY,

I thank you all for supporting our client, Isaac "Ike Dirty" Hayes, III, son of Isaac Hayes during this time as we are all saddened by the loss of his father. We are in the process of compiling quotes from those who have worked with or who were inspired by Mr. Hayes that may assist you in your write-ups.

Mr. Antonio "L.A." Reid shared with us this morning - "Isaac Hayes was a true pioneer. His originality as an American icon will be sorely missed. He was bold, he was unique, he was brave....he was genius."

Teddy Bishop expressed:
"When you think of Isaac Hayes, you think of the embodiment of soul music... He was a man with a unique expression to the art of music that pulled from his creative soul... He will be greatly missed but his light in music will live in my heart always... In the words of Isaac Hayes, ‘Music could use a little more substance like we had back in the day...' These words will continue to be an inspiration to me in my art-form of making great music."

Bryan-Michael Cox stated:
"Isaac Hayes' contributions to music, his community, the world and his family are legendary. By leading through example, he was an aspiration to many young black men in the music industry, like myself. The life he lived, both professionally and personally, will remain a positive example for black men, black fathers and black entertainers. We lost a great one! "

Please find this as an official statement from our client, Isaac "Ike Dirty" Hayes, III:
"I spoke to my father just recently about working on his album, and he was excited as though this were his first project. I want people to remember my father for the creative, soulful, inspirational force that he was to music and African American people. He was legendary and shared his genius with the world. I also want to thank all of my peers and music industry colleagues who have reached out to express their love and prayers."

Ike is following in the footsteps of his father as a music producer who has worked with other chart-toppers like Redman, Keith Murray, Chamillionare, KeKe Palmer, Too Short, Blaque, Ruff Ryders, Black Coffey and Raz-B too name a few. Ike reached his first milestone in achieving a top hit single with Lil' Scrappy - Money in the Bank and recently produced The Ying Yang Twin's single, Drop.

Ike posted his feelings regarding his father's death on his blog - Dirty N The Beest href=" href="http://www.dirtynthebeest.com/%22target=_blank%3Ehttp://www.dirtynthebeest.com/" http://www.dirtynthebeest.com/ : "I'm sad, I'm angry, I'm happy all at once right now. I have so many memories of being my father's son. Little things that make all the difference. Things that help me maintain right now. I can't be too sad though. My father did great, great things as a Musician, Humanitarian, a Father and a Black man. I'm so happy he touched and inspired so many people in a positive way. I am more proud of my father than anyone could know."

We are awaiting information on the funeral arrangements and where to send flowers and condolences for Mr. Hayes' memorial. For those who would like to share your sentiments personally with his son, Ike and family. Please send to:

Isaac Hayes III
c/o Jo Blo Entertainment
P.O. Box 18900
Atlanta, GA 31126


RESPECTFULLY,
Dee Dee M. Cocheta, Official Publicist for Isaac "IKE DIRTY" Hayes, III

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is a friend of Isaac Hayes... marcus mcdaniel...Mu email is madownz@gmail.com

Please contact me a.s.a.p about funeral arrangements..

I WANT TO ATTEND...thank you..

Dee Dee said...

Thank you Mickie for posting this. We certainly appreciate you! ~ respect, dee dee M. cocheta