Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Automatic Loveletter to release album

"I'm 'jumping on my bed, singing out my car window' kind of excited," beams AUTOMATIC LOVELETTER's energetic and feisty frontwoman, Juliet Simms, regarding the release of her debut album TRUTH OR DARE on June 22, 2010 via SIN (SonyMusic Independent Network). "I still can't believe it's finally happening!"

The album comes just before the band launches their Summer festivities on 2010's Van's Warped Tour.

For many of her fans who have been anxiously waiting, Automatic Loveletter's debut may have been a long time coming but it's definitely well worth the wait. With songs like the slinky and anthemic empowerment singalong opening track "Heart Song," the alt-rock powerhouse "Don't Let Me Down," and the jarring and candidly autobiographical "Story of My Life," Truth or Dare doesn't shy away from real life topics and personal stories. She tempers this feistiness with her vulnerability in the track "Hush," a break-up song of epic proportions ("Hush, you color my eyes red / Your love's not live, it's dead / This letter's written itself inside out again").

"My songs are about real experiences even if they have a vulnerability to them," explains Juliet. "This is the way I live my life and this is how I write my lyrics. In 'Story of My Life,' I share a real story of how hard it was for me to get to where I am and the struggles I had to go through. There's also another side to me that’s riskier or more daring. I've always lived in the moment, did what I felt like doing, said exactly what was on my mind, which songs like 'Heart Song,' 'Let It Ride,' and 'Don't Let Me Down' show. Sex, spontaneity, rebellion." One of Juliet's personal favorites is the song "Fade Away," in which she says, "I love the depth of the song... There's something about the melody and the lyrics, I feel like I'm singing it in my 'on my knees' voice, pleading with the world. I've literally cried singing this song."

After moving to Los Angeles from Tampa at age 16 and making the demo and performance rounds, Juliet signed with Sony by age 19, releasing the Recover EP exclusively to Hot Topic in 2008, followed by 2009’s self-titled iTunes EP. Along the way, Automatic Loveletter logged countless miles on the road, sharing the stage with Secondhand Serenade, Cute Is What We Aim For, From First To Last, Say Anything, Between the Trees and Craig Owens, plus prominent performances at Bamboozle and Bamboozle Left and the Vans Warped Tour.

"This record really came because of the way I lived life for the past few years of trying to get signed, getting signed, writing a record, leaving a label, writing another and releasing it under a new deal. I’ve toured throughout it all and it’s been one big game of Truth or Dare.”

Automatic Loveletter is Juliet Simms (rhythm guitar, vocals), Tommy Simms (guitar), Clint Fowler (bass) and Ryan Metcalf (drums). Truth or Dare was produced by Josh Abraham (Pink, Courtney Love, Weezer) and will be released on June 22, 2010 through SIN (SonyMusic Independent Network).

www.twitter.com/JulietSimmsALL

www.myspace.com/automaticloveletter

www.automaticloveletter.com

No comments: