Traffic signals TO BE ALTERED for 2012 rose parade
As an annual prelude to the Tournament of Roses Parade, 15 traffic signals will be altered so that tall floats needing clearance can make their way safely through Pasadena intersections. Alterations will begin this week.
Each year at this time signal mast arms extending over travel lanes are removed or replaced with shorter signal mast arms or with poles that have no mast arms.
Signals with left turn arrows will be removed at
· Colorado Boulevard at Arroyo Parkway, eastbound and westbound approaches
· Colorado Boulevard at Marengo Avenue, eastbound and westbound
· Colorado Boulevard at Garfield Avenue, eastbound
· Colorado Boulevard at Euclid Avenue, westbound
· Colorado Boulevard at Lake Avenue, eastbound and westbound
· Colorado Boulevard at Hill Avenue, eastbound and westbound
· Colorado Boulevard at Sierra Madre Boulevard, eastbound
Long signal mast arms will be removed at
· Orange Grove Boulevard at Green Street, northbound and southbound
· Colorado and Orange Grove boulevards, eastbound
· Sierra Madre Boulevard at Walnut Street, southbound
· Sierra Madre Boulevard at Orange Grove Boulevard, southbound
· Sierra Madre Boulevard at Pasadena High School student parking lot, westbound
· Sierra Madre Boulevard at Washington Boulevard, westbound and northbound
· Washington Boulevard at PHS, administration parking lot, northbound
· Orange Grove and Del Mar boulevards, northbound and southbound
The Pasadena Transportation Department urges motorists to drive safely during this period of traffic signal changes and increased pedestrian activity.
For more information call (626) 744-6900.