Twelve-year-old classical crossover prodigy Jackie Evancho will record a new special for the long-running Great Performances series on PBS in Los Angeles at the Orpheum Theater on June 13. Jackie Evancho: Music of the Movies is directed by David Horn with conductor Bill Ross, and will feature Jackie singing arrangements of songs from movies (the full set list is below.) Tickets are available for $46.50 and $66.50 (plus applicable fees) and are available now at Ticketmaster. Jackie will release an album of movie songs this fall.
Jackie Evancho got her big break at just 10 years old as a contestant on America’s Got Talent, where the breakout star finished in second place. Her first release for Columbia Records, a Christmas EP titled O Holy Night, was certified Platinum and earned Jackie the distinction of being the top-selling debut artist in 2010 as well as the youngest solo artist ever to go platinum and debut in the Top 10. In 2011 she released Dream With Me, her debut major label full-length. Dream With Me was produced by the legendary David Foster, and debuted at #2 on the Billboard 200 chart and is certified Gold. She recorded Dream With Me In Concert for PBS’s Great Performances in 2011, and the special rapidly became one of PBS’ most broadcast programs of the year.
Jackie Evancho Live Set List:
· What A Wonderful World // Good Morning, Vietnam
· Some Enchanted Evening // South Pacific
· Cinema Paradiso // Love Theme
· When I Fall In Love // Sleepless In Seattle
· The Music Of The Night // Phantom
· Pure Imagination // Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
· The Summer Knows // Summer of 42
· Come What May // Moulin Rouge
· My Heart Will Go On // Titanic
· Can You Feel The Love Tonight // The Lion King
· Reflection // Mulan
· I See The Light // Tangled
For more info: