You don’t have to be a senior citizen to attend free, family-friendly concerts at Pasadena’s Memorial Park bandshell every evening from this summer, sponsored by the Pasadena Senior Center.
* – Janet Klein and Her Parlor Boys offer a nostalgic musical journey back to the 1900 to 1930 era.
* – Mariachi Bella features the iconic mariachi music everyone loves, performed by an all-female troupe.
* – The Salty Suites present a blend of toe-tapping Americana, bluegrass and folk music.
* – Tumbleweed Rob and the Southwest Junction performs traditional western cowboy music with a country twist.
* – Pasadena Summer Youth Chamber Orchestra performs historic and contemporary classical music.
* – The Folk Collection presents Americana music at its best, with songs made famous by Woody Guthrie, Bob Dylan and other greats.
* – The Perfect Gentlemen combine a cappella harmonies with humor to keep the tradition of Vaudeville alive.
* – Lisa Haley and the Zydekats is a Grammy Award-winning group that performs lively Cajun Zydeco music.
* – The Rock Bottom Boys present rock and roll hits of the ‘60s and ‘70s with a fun, hillbilly twist.
* – The Great American Swing Band will round out the summer concert series with the sounds of Big Band, standards, swing, rhythm and blues, jazz and Dixieland.
Bring a picnic or purchase food at the BBQ snack bar. Memorial Park is on Raymond Avenue between Walnut and Holly streets in Pasadena.